Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Sony VAIO switchable card (7600M and intel HD 4000) fail on Windows 10

I upgraded my Sony Vaio laptop from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10, installed the lasted driver ( 15.7.1) and i had a Blue Screen of death (BSoD) - Internal power error.

i had to disable the AMD driver. Any help????

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Sony VAIO switchable card (7600M and intel HD 4000) fail on Windows 10

i think maybe we have the same laptop "SVE14A2C5E". if that is the model of your laptop then its the same.

i solved the problem on mine so here is the solution:

1) get into save mode

2) open device manager find the 7600M and delete it + tick the box to uninstall any software related

3) now restart and boot normally, if you can boot normally then your problem is only the catalyst driver, if not check other softwares as well

4)  disconnect the internet connection if cable, or put airplane mode at start up

5) the problem that you get your crashes is because windows update discovers the 15.7.1 driver and tries to install which is the one that has the bug
6) find the 15.7 driver i got mine here: Leshcat’s Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL v1.2 (11.07.2015) (leshcatlabs.net forums • View topic - Release: Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL )

7) also you have to go to windows update and change from auto update to schedule update so windows wont install it again
8) however on win10 you cant uncheck the updates (only on win10 pro you can postpone)
9) how to temporarily disable updates in this link https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930?utm_source=twitter

with all this i got mine working too
other software that i had that may cause the problem: overwolf, bluetooth driver and start8 menu for windows 8

and yes it got me 8 hours to figure out that microsoft update was causing the problem with the updates

p.s: if an AMD guy sees this pls include into your driver section the ability to download previous versions updates. and yes its the 15.7.1 that causes the problem i tried to install it 3 times and got BSoD every time

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

The new driver (15.200.1062.1003) solved the problem.

Thanks

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

You run into problems trying to install AMD  drivers because Sony (as well as Toshiba and Panasonic) have opted out of allowing generic drivers to be installed on their systems. Users of these laptops get their drivers from Sony (or Toshiba/Panasonic) or use the Leshcat drivers. Just follow their guide step by step.

Not everyone will get Windows 10 on its July 29th release date ...Sony PC warning

0 Kudos