cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

pacmaze
Journeyman III

Something is wrong with my AMD RADEON R5 M430

Hey, I believe something is wrong with my Amd Radeon R5 M430 (2GB). You see this guy on Youtube has the same graphics card that I have, somehow he can play an Unreal Engine 4 game with good fps which I can't :Fortnite: Battle Royale On AMD Radeon 520 / R5 M430 / R5 M330 2GB. Gameplay Benchmark - YouTube

My Laptop cannot even handle games on highest settings which it should be able to such as Minecraft Java Edition. And I believe it's because my Amd graphics card isn't working even though I have added the video games to the gaming tab and that games uses my Intel graphics card instead. Please if someone can help me that would be awesome and very nice of you.

My specs:

Intel Core i7-7500U (4MB Cache, up to 3.5GHz)

8GB/DDR4/2400MHz

AMD Radeon R5 M430 2GB/DDR3

0 Likes
1 Solution

You're not going to game with that card: AMD Radeon R5 M430 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

The AMD Radeon R5 M430 is an entry level graphics card for laptops. It was announced in the Lenovo Yoga 510 (14-inch-model) in early 2016. Technically it is similar to the older Radeon R5 M330 / M335 or R7 M340 but with a lower core clock of only 955 MHz (in the IdeaPad 110). It features 320 unified shaders and 64 Bit DDR3 memory bus clocked at only 873 MHz.

The gaming performance is similar to the Radeon r5 M330 and therefore in the entry level segment. Only non demanding games like Overwatch or Farming Simulator 2017 can be played fluently in low settings

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
arcticwind
Forerunner

What brand and model number of laptop do you have?  What version of windows are you using?

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

How does your performance compare to the results in this link?

AMD Radeon R5 M430 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

0 Likes

I have an Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series ( 3567 ) and I am using Windows 10 Education. Yes, I managed to fix the problem, the problem was that my AMD graphics wasn't working at all, and I think it had to do with Radeon Software, I fixed it by uninstalling the current AMD Radeon Software Driver and installing AMD Catalyst 15.7.1.

But one more question, how much fps should I get in Minecraft with highest settings? Because at the moment it's between 60 - 40.

Besides that thank you very much Arcticwind for the help

0 Likes

You're not going to game with that card: AMD Radeon R5 M430 - NotebookCheck.net Tech

The AMD Radeon R5 M430 is an entry level graphics card for laptops. It was announced in the Lenovo Yoga 510 (14-inch-model) in early 2016. Technically it is similar to the older Radeon R5 M330 / M335 or R7 M340 but with a lower core clock of only 955 MHz (in the IdeaPad 110). It features 320 unified shaders and 64 Bit DDR3 memory bus clocked at only 873 MHz.

The gaming performance is similar to the Radeon r5 M330 and therefore in the entry level segment. Only non demanding games like Overwatch or Farming Simulator 2017 can be played fluently in low settings

0 Likes

Thank you Black_zion for your help

0 Likes