cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vico
Journeyman III

Several games and softwares arent using the dedicated GPU on my laptop

First, i have a Lenovo G50-80 laptop and Windows 10 x64 1803 (i think Fall Creators Update?)

Well, after having some performance issues i went in to Windows Task Manager and saw software like Minecraft (Java Edition 1.12.2), Chrome and Edge are using Intel HD Graphics 5500 (listed as GPU 0) instead of my AMD Radeon R5 M330 (GPU 1).

I tried updating my drivers (previously i had the software Windows 10 automatically installed after setup, and it seems to be a customized for lenovo build) and got 18.8.1. While my performance issues are gone it now lists a different GPU (AMD Radeon HD 8500M) and the same programs still use Intel HD Graphics.

Following some directions from Microsoft's Twitter account they said to install the latest 8.1 drivers on compatibility mode, but the setup always fails with the error 99 - unsigned drivers.

Is this behavior expected? i have issues watching videos on youtube for example, and Chrome always use a lot of GPU so if it can uses AMD the performance could become better i think.

0 Likes
0 Replies