Did you mean: 

Graphics

neocwbbr
Adept I

Screen randomly flashing at RX 6700XT

Computer Type: Desktop
GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6700 XT
CPU: RYZEN 5 5600X
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming x570 PRO (Wi-Fi)
BIOS Version: 3602
RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 3600MHZ CL17
PSU: CORSAIR RM850x
Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 PRO 20H2
GPU Drivers: Adrenalin Driver Version: 21.3.1
Monitor: Samsung 27" C27RG50

I bought this Asus TUF RX 6700XT last Tuesday and it seems the GPU is having issues (not sure hardware or software). I noticed multiple screen flashing or black screen for less than a second, and some times is not the entirely window though and it seems to happen when the GPU is not under load. I haven't experienced the black screen/screen flashing while gaming but mostly when browsing, working on a terminal etc

Performing tests over the weekend at the point at completely wiped my disk, replaced all the cables, tested different monitor and GPU cards (1030 2060 without issues) I found that the issue is more frequent at 144Hz (on both monitors) happening up to 3 times per minute. While running at 240Hz issues would happen twice every 10 minutes and running at 120Hz issue happening once in a while. Screen goes black and return for a second, sometimes part of the window open is blacked and images reaper after moving the mouse over or resizing the window. I played at 120Hz for about 30 minutes and didn't notice any issue.

At this reddit post I have added pictures and videos related to the issue including all the testing I did over the weekend.

https://www.reddit.com/r/AMDHelp/comments/mejgr1/screen_randomly_flashing_on_asus_tuf_rx_6700xt/

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
neocwbbr
Adept I

Re: Screen randomly flashing at RX 6700XT

Anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
Pedrito0906
Adept I

Yes we all are having the same stupid issue. Its so frustrating, its been 5 months already and AMD hasn't fixed it.

Its a Known Issue on the release Notes of the driver you will se written as:

"Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen"

If you turn Freesync off the stutter makes the game unplayable. I'm thinking of going back to Nvidia just cause of that.

1evilman
Adept I

Mine will occasionally "blink" not long after I boot up but everything is normal afterwards and it never happens while gaming. I'm hoping it's just drivers... 

Similar specs as you.

Tuf X570-Plus wifi bios 3603

5800X

Tuf gaming 6700XT latest drivers

32gb Gskill 3200mhz 

neocwbbr
Adept I

It is funny I am not having major issues while playing (except for the miserable fps that mine 2060 can to better) but i get this screen flash or rainbow snow while using the Windows and mostly when I am working on my terminal session! At the point I have to minimize and maximize the screen every 5 minutes!!!

Playing overwatch I can get solid 120fps on high config (which I had hopes this vga would be able to run ultra for such an old game). Today is my last day to return this gpu and I am considering take it to the store as the performance is very disappointing and if AMD cant figure out the driver issues I am not a free tester but a consumer (btw such a high price for a 3060ti/3070 range gpu)... very very disappointing 

Pedrito0906
Adept I

If I were you I'd return it. I bought mine on ebay, so I'm stuck with it. 

I don't think the will fix anything, there is no incentive to do it unfortunately due to shortage l, like GamersNexus said "literally anything will sell"