screen going black after installation of AMD RX550 graphics driver

hello guys,

I am using Intel Core2duo E7500 2.93ghz

Windows 7 64bit

Zebronics g31 mobo

4gb ddr2 ram 

400W psu

i have done small upgrade from GT710 2gb passive to RX550 4gb

i have uninstalled all the previous Nvidia graphics drivers and performed an amd utility clean

i have even installed amd radeon software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.8.1 and 19.11.2(just incase the new software doesn't works)

but after the installation of AMD software and then performing restart my Monitor turns black, i don't know the reason behind it but i need an immediate support regarding this.

Please let me know if i'm doing something wrong...

4 Replies
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Yo! Thousands of amd users have the same issue with no signal black screen monitor upon installing  amd drivers, all we need to do is wait until amd or microsoft release a fix or will they? -_-

0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

Only on amd I got to experience like this -_-

0 Likes

You might want to start a thread on your issue, posting on old threads like this is pointless.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
amduser_Jb
Adept II

This works for me but I'd like to share it here, all you need to do is DUMP your HDMI TO VGA CABLE and go buy yourself a DMI-D TO VGA CABLE and watch the magic. Hope this helps all of you cause I know your pain. -_-

0 Likes