cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Screen flickering with FreeSync

Hello, I have a problem with FreeSync on my Gigabyte RX 580. When I turn on FreeSync and open a full-screen game, I have a flickering screen. In the first case there is flickering only in the game. In the second case, the flashing occurs on the entire screen and I have to do a "hard restart". 

My PC specs:

• Motherboard: ASRock AB350M Pro4
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 1200
  • RAM: Patriot 8GB 3000MHz Viper 4 CL16 (2x4GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB
  • Drive: Crucial 500GB 2,5" SATA SSD MX500 (SSD)
  • Monitor: iiyama G-Master Black Hawk G2530HSU

Driver: Adrealin 19.6.2

Any ideas?

9 Replies

Are you flickering in menus only (this is normal in some cases) or in game too?  Are you setting your resolution to the native resolution 180p and 75 hz in game settings as well as on the desktop?

I have had random issues with FreeSync not working after driver installs and have found that doing another clean installations helps.

0 Likes

Yes, I'm using native resolution, I didn't check if the flicker is present in the game (there's nothing I can do in the menu). I will check if there is a problem after a clean installation.

0 Likes

After reinstalling the drivers, the problem persists.

0 Likes

Normally at this point aside from telling you to let AMD know, I would suggest you load the driver for your monitor. I already looked and cold not find one. A lot of times running the driver instead of the Windows plug n play driver for the monitor will help this. It doesn't look like you monitor has one. I would also suggest you report the issue to your monitor makers support department. They may have advice or be able to also talk to AMD. 

0 Likes

lubieplackiii Have you fixed the problem? I'm still having your problem with a triple setup of AOC G2590VXQ. Contacting AOC, the talk with the Technical Engineers which refered me that the problem is caused by the Graphic Card (my RX 580 Sapphire Nitro + 4GB).

0 Likes

Is there any different support from this? I cannot stay with this problem for the entire PC's life. Please, could anyone help me and every other guys with this problem? Many thanks. It's fine also a chat, a call, a video, an email which at least give me confidence in AMD...

0 Likes

This is the only avenue AMD gives you for support: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form 

Gigabyte the company that made your GPU likely has Phone support. 

0 Likes

My monitor was flickering even after refreshing drivers and switching DisplayPort cables. Finally I went into Radeon Settings and changed Color Depth from 8 bpc to 6 bpc. Fixed the problem. Hope that works for you. 

Not for me, I'll be waiting a new answer which work for me. There is no Issue Tracking software for AMD, otherwise I'll put it there till resolution.

0 Likes