cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

johnash
Journeyman III

Screen blanking - AMD Radeon R7 370 8Gb

I have an AMD Radeon R7 370 card with 8Gb of system memory. One (my secondary) monitor is connected via VGA and remains stable. The other, main, monitor is connected via HDMI and recently, has been going blank at random intervals. The amount of time the screen is off varies from short periods to quite a long time.

I have been getting screen blanking for very short periods for a while but when this happened, I could hear a clicking sound from the PC.

But with the recent and more serious blanking there has no clicking sound. It happens in silence!

I have checked all cable connections.

Hope someone can help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
johnash
Journeyman III

I'm sorry no one has been able to help yet.

However, I took a look at the RADEON settings and, in the Display tab, there is a setting called "HDMI Link Assurance" which was ON. I have no idea what this does but I turned it OFF to see what happens. It may be well be a coincidence but, since then, the screen has not blanked.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

0 Likes

This is driving me bananas. The setting I changed has had no effect. Still no answer to this problem. I read it could be the power cable but, having changed that, I realised it couldn't be as it is easy to tell when the power is affected as you get a blue screen when it's restored. This does not happen with this problem.

Next I am going to try a new HDMI cable.

0 Likes

Do you have Freesync enabled? It causes black screens for 2-3 secs and brightness flickering, so maybe its that

0 Likes