cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Honzajss
Adept I

SAPPHIRE TOXIC Radeon RX 6900 XT Extreme Edition 16G

I need to ask something, i need to know at what degrees is my GPU overheating?

i need to know what is normal? like exact number the highest that is normal on ACTUal tempature and Jumper Tempature, im new with radeon so im just lil scared if i dont overheat it for gaming

I need exact number that can be highest and wont do dmg to my GPU for Gaming

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I have the same graphics card. The maximum Hotspot temperature is 95C for this particular model of 6900 XTXH. Try to keep it at or below that temperature, which should be fairly easy as this GPU comes with a 360MM radiator.

By default the GPU is set to use the performance BIOS. This BIOS has a higher power limit and will offer higher core clocks out of the box, however you cannot lower the fan speed below 38% or thereabouts. If you flick the BIOS switch, you move to the Quiet BIOS. This has lower clock speeds and power limits, but you can now reduce the fan speed as low as 25%.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

I have the same graphics card. The maximum Hotspot temperature is 95C for this particular model of 6900 XTXH. Try to keep it at or below that temperature, which should be fairly easy as this GPU comes with a 360MM radiator.

By default the GPU is set to use the performance BIOS. This BIOS has a higher power limit and will offer higher core clocks out of the box, however you cannot lower the fan speed below 38% or thereabouts. If you flick the BIOS switch, you move to the Quiet BIOS. This has lower clock speeds and power limits, but you can now reduce the fan speed as low as 25%.

Nice thank you can i ask i have Amd ryzen 9500 x cpu and i hit sometimes 75 degrees is it ok? with Corsair 100 elite cappelix white?

0 Likes

Yes those temperatures are good, maximum safe temperature is 90c. Anything below that is fine for daily operation.
0 Likes