cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Sapphire Rx580 Pulse 8gb resets computer unless it is undercloked

Mine is only an 8 pin and even comes with a higher clock. But mine has same issue as yours. I had seen rx 480's with +25 or +50 this is just the first rx 580 I had run across that wasn't +50.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

I am sure that power limit setting is probably bios controlled. A shame they don't let you go to +50 as it might make all the difference in stability.

did you make these changes:

1.) Disable "Hibernation" Sleep

2.) Disable "Fast Startup"

3.) Set power settings to  "High Performance"

4.) Disable Windows 10 Game Bar & DVR

kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

No the Power Limit is the same on all cards...the manufacturer sets what the default (0) limit is....+50 (max) and +20 (max) accomplish the same thing...it allows the card to perform at it's maximum ATX design capability. The 580's  performance parameters are set by AMD in the card design...

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Not sure I was disagreeing with what you said. Unless you are saying that the Vanilla AMD drivers somehow know to somehow with driver information only per manufacturer and card model. I have always heard that information is pulled from the BIOS and the driver respects that and doesn't override it. We may both be saying the same thing from 2 different angles?

0 Kudos
kingfish
Esteemed Contributor III

What I mean is...a +50 setting is no higher/better than a +30. It just means the card manufacturer decided to increase the power draw default setting (0). You only have 100...if the manufacturer of the card decides to be a little less power efficient, they might set (example) 60 as the default (0)...this would allow the card to pull more power, at default setting, before the throttling set in. In this case, the max + value would be +40. As long as the slider is all the way to the right, which is the max + value, then the throttling program is disabled.

pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay I think I got what you mean. You are saying that say the upper limit for the card is a fictional 100 and the default is 50 then setting it at +50 on my card and setting it at +30 on their card is the same thing? Wow talk about making something even more confusing.

0 Kudos
equitatus
Adept I
Adept I

That is interesting. Why don't they just use the options supplied by AMD though? That would have been easier. Nevertheless, that option does not work for me. I had to downclock the card to about 1200 in order to stabilize it.

0 Kudos
equitatus
Adept I
Adept I

I just tried 17.8.1 version, and still had the reboot. No luck again.

0 Kudos
pokester
Esteemed Contributor III

I would suggest, if you have not done so already to at least engage the manufacturer with these questions. An RMA may be in order if still under warranty. I can say unlike XFX who makes my card, I have had great dealings with Saphire support in the past. Maybe they can help or maybe even have another bios or trick to offer.

0 Kudos
hybrid
Adept III
Adept III

Did you use DDU Uninstaller like i said?,

It's a crucial step,

0 Kudos