cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

IliyaBia
Journeyman III

Sapphire Rx580 Nitro started to heat up at idle

Hello! There was a problem: the Sapphire Rx580 Nitro video card began to warm up at idle to 52 degrees. I know that the video card has semi-passive cooling and the fans do not work in idle mode. However, earlier, in a configuration of 2 monitors and a TV turned on, the video card warmed up no higher than 32-34 degrees. I tried to install clean Windows 10 with the latest updates. And also the latest drivers. Nothing changes, the video card heats up to 52 degrees in idle. In games, warmed up no higher than 72 degrees, now 80 degrees. Please tell me what to do?

0 Likes
4 Replies
ryrx
Adept II

You need to replace thermal paste on the gpu. You could wait for some more replies but i'm 99% sure thermal paste got too dry and you need to apply a new one. How old is that card?

0 Likes

1 year. Here is the situation: half a year ago there was the same problem, but it was solved by reinstalling Windows and for half a year everything was fine. And now the problem has reappeared.

0 Likes

That's really strange and i have no idea how is it even possible lol. Maybe wait for the next driver version and see if something changes.

0 Likes

Yes, I will) Thank you for your help. So far I have worked with the fan curve in AMD Adrenalin. At minimum rpm in a 2-monitor configuration (1080p and 4K) and a 1080p TV, the video card does not heat up above 35 degrees. In games 70 fan speed 48 percent. Also made an undervolt and now in games 55-62 degrees at a fan speed of 40 percent, while losing only 2-3 FPS.

0 Likes