Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tacomatrd4x402
Journeyman III

Sapphire RX 5700 XT NITRO+ Screen tear. Please help

Good evening,

This is my first post here. I built a PC last year and have recently been having problems with my graphics in game only and only on certain scenes. The FPS seems fine and there seems to be no lag. Radeon software is giving me a performance grade of marginal for Destiny 2. Could I have a setting incorrect? I've updated drivers, rolled back drivers, uninstalled entire OS, tried different cables i.e. DP, HDMI. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. I've also included a link to video of what I am referring to. Thank you in advance...

https://youtu.be/kb8bHH7MBo0

0 Likes
3 Replies
Thanny
Miniboss

That's not screen tearing.  That's a problem with GPU memory.  You didn't mention if you were overclocking, but the quickest possible solution is to lower the memory clock on your graphics card.

0 Likes

Thank you for the response. I have the BIOS switch set to performance mode on the card. I just switched it over to quiet mode and downloaded MSI afterburner. My default memory clock speed is 1750. What would you recommend I change it to?

0 Likes

I can't provide you with any numbers.  If you aren't overclocking, though, and the card is within warranty period, I'd get an RMA from Sapphire.  You shouldn't be having that problem.

Beyond that, I'd just start at the default for a given BIOS, and lower by ~25MHz increments until the artifacts go away.

You should also find a reproducible game scene you can check performance with, and try lower and higher GPU clocks.  It's quite possible for an overclock (any NITRO+ card is overclocked out of the box) to not provide a performance benefit, due to it introducing errors that must be retried at various levels. 

If you really want a number to target, look at the out-of-the-box numbers for that card, and the stock 5700 XT numbers.  Start with the latter, and work you way up to the former until you run into either artifacts on the screen or performance degradation.

Unfortunately, there's no solution to your problem that doesn't require some kind of time investment on your part.

0 Likes