cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jp1999
Journeyman III

Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro + microstuttering in games!

Specs:

Aorus B450 pro

Ryzen 3600

Sapphire RX 5700xt Nitro +

16GB Crucial Ballistix Ram DDR4

PSU Corsair 650w

Ive recently built a new pc, its my first ever pc build so i was quite anxious to see if everything worked, however im getting a consistent microstutter in most of my games. Its enough to make the game unenjoyable and off putting. The micro-stutters are even apparent in less demanding games such as CSGO. I have literally tried everything to fix the problem and im wondering if anyone else has encountered a similar problem. At worst the stutters occur every 20 seconds (COD Warzone) and ive noticed it causes a frame drop by 40/50 frames when it happens. 

What ive tried:

1. Reinstalling windows

2. Trying multiple drivers (used DDU)

3. Optimizing windows (Turning off game bar, game mode etc)

4. Turning off settings on Radeon adrenaline 

5. Undervolted the card 

6. Change the min frequency clock speed

7. Created a custom resolution using CRU

8. Turned XMP profiles on and off 

9. Uninstalled games and software

There may be some other things but i have forgotten them for now.

Your help would be very appreciated!

0 Likes
13 Replies
trek
Elite

What are temperatures of your GPU and CPU during gameplay? Have you reinstalled windows? What hard drive type do you have?

0 Likes

Both stay below 85 degrees at full load, that’s after I installed 2 additional case fans because my cpu was creeping to 90 degrees during gameplay. I reinstalled windows yesterday and the problem persists, I Have one 500gb SSD and a 2TB Harddrive.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

0 Likes
morelock
Adept II

try using radeon chill to "force" the card to run at a higher % (so set the min/max fps to right under monitor refresh) 

On older games and on lower gpu intensive games this seems to be a common issue with no guaranteed fix :/ 

*fwiw Warzone has some issues of it's own (not just AMD specific)

0 Likes

Do you not mean Radeon Boost? Won’t ‘chill’ decrease my clock speed?

0 Likes

Apologies, I understand what you mean, I’ll give it a go and let you know!

0 Likes

I’m still getting the microstutters!! Any other suggestions?

0 Likes

Known problem with navi. Wait till they fix it in the new drivers. They are fixing it since launch

0 Likes

Is that confirmed that’ll it will be fixed?!

0 Likes

Its in known issues

0 Likes
draken
Journeyman III

Thank you sir.

Have exactly the same issue. It basically summarises in this.

Top is clock bottom is wattage

Every drop is an FPS drop which makes Warzone and other fast paced FPS games unplayable. Same scenario in Warzone as an example it drops from 100+ FPS to ~60 and it stutters which is really annoying especially when you are in the middle of a gun fight.

Config similar to yours. Already splashed out €120 cause I thought it was the PSU's fault.

3700x

Asus TUF Gaming X570

Sapphire RX 5700xt Nitro +

Antec HCG750 Gold EC

Any idea on how to proceed would be appreciated as I am getting closer to the return window closing.

Yes this is exactly my issue, I’m experiencing it in all my games. I’ve monitored my frame times as well, they increase when the stutters occur. The pc is literally about to go out of the window. My return window has already passed

0 Likes

Spent almost all day yesterday troubleshooting and trying ideas found in forums. Don't ask me which one of the below solved the issue cause I dont know but there is no harm in trying.

a. I disabled the fast startup for Windows 10

b. Disabled Game Mode of Windows 10

c. Went to adv_options under C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players and changed VideoMemoryScale from 0.85 to 0.55

None of the above has any negative effect I think so why dont you try all three of them starting from c?

0 Likes

I’ve tried all of them! It must be a driver issue, I’m going to try some older drivers (again)! 

0 Likes