cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vasilisk
Adept I

Sapphire RX 5700 XT nitro + Crashes after ~20-30 seconds after a game launches

This is the first time I have to write into a forum for a solution and I am really frustrated because of this negative experience with this GPU. So after new pc build and clean install of the drivers using DDU and AMD tool as well in safe mode, when I launch a game doesn't matter what game (tried pubg, lol, csgo)  after a short amount of time ~ 30 seconds my pc flashes a green screen making a weird "trrrr" noise (not always) and reboots. I tried the FurMark stress test and works fine. when I try a game it almost instantly crashes. 

The weirdest thing that has happened 2-3 times is after a lot of tries and clean install of drivers is that it works but only as it keeps open when i shutdown or restart back to reboot crash without any error codes.

Things I tried:

1. Install drivers with and without adrenaline.
  2. Multiple versions of drivers.
  3. Single PCIe cable and 2 PCIe cables from PSU.
  4. Update All drivers chipset etc.
  5. When drivers install with adrenaline disable everything from it in general settings
  6. PCIe set to 3.0 from 4.0

My setup 
GPU : Sapphire RX 5700 XT nitro +

CPU : Ryzen 7 3800x

MOBO: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X

PSU: TX 750 M 80+

NVMe: Samsung 970 500gb 

RAM:2x 16gb Corsair 2400mhz 

I am attaching the dxDiag result bellow as well.

Please Help.

9 Replies
xirombinha
Adept III

It definitely sounds like a driver/adrenalin issue. Since you're able to use properly from a fresh drivers install and then when rebooting/shutting down it starts to act, it seems like the driver's database is getting override/corrupted in background. 

Try to do this:

1) Use revo uninstaller to wipe off chipset drivers and adrenalin;

2) Use DDU and ADM Cleanup tool in safe mode later;

3) Install the lastest chipset and gpu drivers.. when installing gpu drivers, don't install adrenalin.. just the drivers using the device manager;

4) Set you pcie gen to 3.0;

5) Unistall any meter app (like msi afterburner, riva statics, etc);

6) Undo any overclock you're running, set xmp preset to memory;

7) Make sure you're running a UEFI partition, and UEFI boot mode is enable at bios settings;(disable secure boot mode);

8) Turn off windows update for like 1 month and every software able to update or change the windows registry in background.

Keep us updated and good luck!

I have done all that and none worked. But today I tried a trick from another thread you have commented again for an RX 5600 XT with the help of afterburner i have reduced 30% the power limit and just works I will reboot later to see if this is persistence. 

Nice! Try that way.. if it works you're fine

0 Likes

Nope ! It does not work ... I am really frustrated having paid 450 euro and getting a product that does not work straight out of the box and will it work at all ? 

Are you sure that you've ran every steps listed in that list above? I encourage you to repeat that once again and make sure that you've turned off windows update.

0 Likes

Thanks for your effort to help with this mess. But I did every step above and green the results were the same when I launch a game. It is frustrating really. Nice tool by the way (Revo uninstaller) will be useful.

Please Help me with this card is driving me crazy(AMD stuff).

vasilisk
Adept I

Well, the drivers of may 2020 fixed my issues and running perfectly find with adrenaline and pcie gen 3 no crushes so far.. 3 days in 

vasilisk
Adept I

After 6-7 days with the new drivers I found out that still crashes  . 

The Fix that WORKED for me : 

1. Disable any program that overrides your GPU control: eg. MSI Afterburner, NZXT CAM, etc.
  2. Clean install of drivers using AMDtool and DDU in safe mode
vasilisk
Adept I

After 6-7 days with the new drivers I found out that still crashes  . 

The Fix that WORKED for me : 

1. Disable any program that overrides your GPU control: eg. MSI Afterburner, NZXT CAM, etc.
  2. Clean install of drivers using AMDtool and DDU in safe mode
  3. Install AMD drivers WITH adrenaline and import the settings here.
  4. If you have nitro + download trixx here.
  5. Open trixx and switch primary to secondary BIOS 
  6. Finally try those performance settings

This is for my fan curve doesnt have to be as mine just to be more aggressive.

This is my fan curve doesn't have to be like that just an aggressive curve. !

Hope works for you too . !