cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

elstaci
MVP

Re: Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8gb original bios?

The only other reason could be that GPU-Z is reading the GPU card incorrectly. But It seems that it is reading correctly .

Did you post the correct GPU card Specs? Are you sure it is a 8 gbyte GPU card and not a 4 gbyte GPU Card?

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

It was sold to me as the 8gb version. It is definitely a desktop card.Thank you for being so helpful and thorough.... I really appreciate your efforts! I will take a photo of the card model/sn on the actual card itself.

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

Screenshot2.jpg

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

I gave you the wrong information in the previous comment. I corrected it.

Take that Model number and especially the S/N and have Sapphire confirm it to see what GPU Card they say it is supposed to be.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Okay the SKU# does come out to a Sapphire RX570 Pulse 8 gbyte GPU Card: https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/pulse-rx-570-8g-g5 (googled it).

Well, it seems like your card is legitimate GPU card. I don't know why it is shows ELLESMERE and not POLARIS 20 for GPU Processor. Even in the above link it shows having a Polaris 20 GPU Processor unless the entire GPU card is labeled as ELLESMERE with a POLARIS 20 GPU Processor???.

I corrected my previous comment again a second time. I saw a vBIOS that seems to correspond to your GPU Card with the correct DEVICE ID according to GPU-Z.

But I would still contact Sapphire Support and post your S/N to be absolutely sure you have a legitimate GPU Card plus ask them why the vBIOS has that error unless you had the wrong vBIOS.

Try the vBIOS that I posted in my previous comment and see if that installs and works.

Sorry to get you unnecessarily upset saying your had a fake card. But doing more checking found out your card is legitimate.

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

I suspect that the card I received may have had the cover swapped out. It may very well be a 4gb version masquerading as an 8.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Ah, I didn't think of that. Excellent point. The cover would have the previous SKU# and S/N.

Okay check the actual PCB (Printed Circuit Board) and see if you can spot a S/N on it or some other ID number. They can't change those.

BUT GPU-Z has the correct DEVICE ID for that type of GPU Card. But then again, that Device ID could refer to either a 4 gbyte or 8 gbyte GPU Card.

Was this card purchased new or used?

If new, it still should be under Warranty. IF you know it is a miner card with a modified vBIOS and the Retailer didn't mention that, I would try to RMA it and get a normal GPU card where the vBIOS wasn't modified.

Where did you purchase this card from?

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

I'll pull it out and pop the cover off later tonight and post up the pics. Hopefully there will be something underneath that's an obvious contrast between the two models without having to remove the heatsinks.....

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

I'm not 100% on whether it was a miner card but the company I bought it from said they  had acquired about 24 of these cards from a corporate account. They were used but very briefly and did not know the specific history or whether they were mined or not. So I'm afraid I'm likely warranty exempt here.

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Ah, I see, Look if the GPU card works correctly and without any noticeable problems. Just leave it as it is. It would be nice to verify the actual amount of RAM your card has. But according to Sapphire link for your GPU card, GPU-Z seems to correlate the same specs except for the amount of RAM the GPU card has.

Most likely the Shroud or cover is the original one with the correct S/N and SKU# for your GPU card. That particular GPU card may be an older previous version of the one in the Sapphire Link. Which may explain why your GPU card may not look like the one shown at Sapphire.com.

I would highly recommend to open a Sapphire Support ticket and have them verify the SKU# with the S/N on the Shroud's cover. They can tell your exactly what type of GPU card your have.

Don't remove the cover.

See if you can see any ID numbers tags on the GPU card itself so that Sapphire Support can use to verify your GPU card.

Normally the Cover or Shroud has the heat sink attached. Removing it you will need to reapply thermal paste and also possibly need to replace thermal pads on another part of the GPU.

So best not to remove the Shroud or cover. 

Yes, if the card is bought second hand Sapphire Warranty is voided.

0 Likes