cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

sloguy805
Journeyman III

Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8gb original bios?

Hello,

I recently purchased the Sapphire RX570 not realizing the card was used in mining with modded vbios. I am now relentlessly looking for the original factory bios this card came with to flash it. Does anyone happen to have a copy? I don't know what memory vendor was used for this card if that's critical info? Thanks in advance.....

Win10 64bit

Asus x99

Intel i7 5930k

0 Likes
24 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: Sapphire RX 570 Pulse 8gb original bios?

You could search through techpowerup vbios database or contact Sapphire tech support and get the Vbios based on your specific model/sku.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3200c16d kit, Aorus nvme gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850.
0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

As mentioned in previous comment. Here is the RX-570 Specs from TechPowerUP website: AMD Radeon RX 570 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database 

Download GPU-Z and compare it to the Specs from above link. It should match.

Here is where you can download Sapphire RX570 vBIOS from TechPowerUp: VGA Bios Collection | TechPowerUp 

Compare the vBIOS from GPU-Z and see if it matches any of the five vBIOSes above.

I would recommend getting the vBIOS from Sapphire Support first. If you can't then you can download the vBIOS from TechPowerUp website above.

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

Thank you, I appreciate the suggestions. I had already tried Techpowerup but the vbios they had apparently was not compatible with my card as when I tried to flash it it gave me some kind of "id mismatch" error and did not program. I tried reaching Sapphire using their online contact method but there seems to be something wrong with their site as it keeps showing a 404 error whenever I click to create a support ticket. Finding original vbios is a lot more challenging than I would have thought......

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Run GPU-Z. It is possible you have a fake Sapphire GPU Card if you got that error.

Get the Device ID number and compare it at this website. It should show the RX570 if it shows something else than you have a fake GPU card.

PCI Lookup: PCI Lookup 

Here is my GPU-Z on my GPU Card:

This is what shows when I input above Device ID at PCI Lookup:

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

Thanks for your response. I downloaded and scanned with GPU-Z showing the current vbios on the card as being the same as what's on TechPowerUp. I noticed all of the listed Sapphire cards have the same bios version. Are they really compatible with each other?

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Seems like it is. But I would still recommend to download the vBIOS for the Sapphire RX570 - 8 Gbyte to be on the safe side.

Does GPU-Z Device ID the same as the one shown on PCI LOOKUP for the RX570?

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

Screenshot0.jpgScreenshot1.jpg

0 Likes
sloguy805
Journeyman III

Sorry for not having the greatest images but I hope this is useful......

0 Likes
elstaci
MVP

Yes, very helpful.

EDIT: Needed to change some wrong information in this comment.

Your GPU Card Device ID is legitimate:

If you believe your GPU card vBIOS was modified for mining. Then download the vBIOS from previous link for the 8 gbyte vBIOS and flash you GPU card again. The Website also has the ATI Flash tool you can download.

BUT, if your GPU card is still under Warranty, I would first asked them what you should do in getting your original vBIOS installed. From previous Users with Sapphire Warranty, you need to go to the Retailer where you purchased the GPU Card and have them take a look at it and see if they will flash the original vBIOS if they sold you the GPU card with a mining vBIOS and not the original vBIOS.

Okay, I compared your GPU-Z specs:

If you noticed under GPU Clock it is showing "0" and Memory "0". In my GPU-Z both are showing the correct Specs for GPU Clock and Memory.

Here seems to be the correct vBIOS for your GPU card. With the correct DEVICE ID: VGA Bios Collection: Sapphire RX 570 8 GB | TechPowerUp 

This matches the best with your GPU-Z Spec.

0 Likes