cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Alumnicor
Journeyman III

Sapphire RX 5600 XT Random TDR Black Screen

Just built a new PC and having problems with random Black Screen followed by TDR Error.

Graphics drivers stop responding and Windows recovers and reloads the drivers.

There is really no pattern to the problem sometimes it happens when launching a game, sometimes after 5 mins other times it won't happen for hours.  

Games that this consistantly happens in.  World of Warcraft (Classic and Retail) / Microsoft Flight Sim / Diablo III

Most times Windows is able to recover and games do not crash (Exception MS Flight Sim 50% of the time crashes)

PC Specs

CPU: Ryzen 3600

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Auros Elite AX V2 Rev 1.0

Video Card: Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 5600 XT 

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18

Storage Boot Drive: Intel 660p 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive

Bulk Storage: Western Digital Blue 5400 RPM SATA Traditional HD

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX Gold 650 watt Full Modular

---

Steps I have tried.

Clean install of Video Drivers using DDU to clean all AMD Drivers out first in safe mode with no connection to the internet.

I've tried all versions of the drivers back to Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.10.1 Optional upto Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.11.2 Recommended (WHQL)

All exhibit the same behaivour.

I've made the driver timeout / recovery time 10s via registry edit rather than the default 2 which has not helped at all.  This only makes the crash take 8 seconds longer.

I have not tried the card on any other PC's yet nor have I tried a clean install of windows as PC was litteraly built less than a month ago.

Before beginning RMA process what other steps should I take?

Thanks,

James

0 Likes
1 Reply
Alumnicor
Journeyman III

Just a bit more info, all backround tasks continue and don't skip a beat if the game doesn't crash hard the audio keeps going without skipping a beat untill the driver re-starts and a slight audio hiccup then back to gaming.

0 Likes