Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Stevie_89
Journeyman III

SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 6600 XT didnt work with three Monitors via Displayport

Hello, everyone,

First of all, sorry for possible grammatical errors, google translate helped me.
I have a problem with my new RX 6600 XT and a multi-monitor setup. I have taken the following text from my post in a German PC forum so that I don't have to rewrite everything.

Current hardware:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX 3200 Mhz (2x16GB module kit)
MB Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE (rev.1.x)
PSU: BeQuiet! PURE POWER 11 FM 650W
Casing: BeQuiet! Pure Base 500
Graphics card: SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 6600 XT Pulse Gaming OC 8GB
HDD / SSD: 2x M.2 Samsung 970 Evo NVMe-SSD, 1x SATA Samsung 860 Evo SSD
Other hardware obviously related to the problem (monitor model, cooling, etc.):
Monitor(s): 3x AOC G2590VQX 25, 1x LG Flatron E2411 (is to be replaced, by one of the AOC Monitors)

Describe your problem. The more precisely and better you describe your problem, the better you can be helped:

My previous setup contained 2 of the AOC monitors, connected via DP cable and the LG monitor, connected via HMDI-to-DVI-D cable.
For "aesthetic reasons" I've got a third AOC G2590VQX 25 monitor.

All three AOC monitors should be connected using DP cables from the same manufacturer. This is the Ednet 84501
(https://smile.amazon.de/gp/product/B00JR9VGIK)

No matter how I connect the AOC monitors to the graphics card, only two are recognized at a time. One of the three always stays dark and goes into standby mode after a few seconds.

All three monitors are also attached to a "Work-PC" that I was given for Homeoffice.  Here all three AOC-Monitors were recognized immediately and without any problems. Connected via DP-to-HDMI (2x) and via HDMI-to-HDMI (1x). As far as i know the Work-PC has an Intel HD Graphics Chipset.

The source selection is set to automatic for all monitors.

What steps have you already taken / tried to solve the problem and what did it bring?

- The order of the cables at the connections of the Gra-Ka has been exchanged
- connected the new monitor via HDMI
- tested with other DP cables (included with the monitors) and other HDMI cables (always there :-)) 
- connected the new monitor alone to the work PC to test the connections on the monitor
- uninstalled the Radeon software including restarting the PC. Then installed an older version and again restarted the PC . No solution. Even after the software has been updated back to the current version including a restart.

Curious: If I also connect the old LG monitor via HDMI-to-DVI-D additionally to the three AOC monitors connected via DP, it is recognized immediately and I have my "old" setup again. The third AOC via DP remains dark anyway.

I hope that somebody can help me. If you need more information, please text me.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Stevie_89
Journeyman III

Update: It suddenly works fine. I switched on the PC this morning and all three monitors were immediately recognized via DisplayPort. No new driver installation took place and everything was recognized correctly even after changing the cable from the test cable to the planned and laid cable.

Ticket can be closed. Thanks very much.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Stevie_89
Journeyman III

Update: It suddenly works fine. I switched on the PC this morning and all three monitors were immediately recognized via DisplayPort. No new driver installation took place and everything was recognized correctly even after changing the cable from the test cable to the planned and laid cable.

Ticket can be closed. Thanks very much.