cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

fleeem
Journeyman III

SAPPHIRE - Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X Tri-X OC Version - 4 Go / Weird horizontal lines

Hi,

I got my brand new SAPPHIRE - Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X Tri-X OC Version - 4 G and it works pretty well. No crash, no freeze, no FPS drops like in the other topics I read. BUT, there's some crazy weird lines on my screens, just 1 frame from time to time, nothing more. I didn't see those in full screen games, because I don't play that much those days. But it happens on my desktop, I just need to move my mouse. I planned to record it with OBS, BUT, nothing appears on the video. AND I repeat, it happens on my screenS, any of them. I can find some time to record my screen with an external device if needed. I had a Nvidia card before. I cleaned the drivers, checked my RAM, even made a fresh install of windows, same problem. And of course, it wasn't there with my old setup.

Here's my PC specifications :

Processor

Intel Core i5 2500 clocked at 3.30 GHz

Processor frequency measure (core0): 1.61 GHz
Number of cores: 4 physical, 4 logical
Processor socket: Socket 1155 LGA
CPU Temperature (core 0): 54 °C

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8P67 REV 3.1 Rev 1.xx

Serial number (motherboard): MT7019K22504547
SKU Number: SKU
Bios version: 3602
Date: 11/1/2012

Chipset

Northbridge : Intel Sandy Bridge

Revision ID: 09

Southbridge : Intel P67

Revision ID: B3

Memory

8 GB total memory type DDR3 to 668.93 MHz

Memory timing: 9.0 clocks-9 clocks-9 clocks-24 clocks-2 TT

Memory chip Corsair from 4 GB

Maximum frequency: 667 MHz
Max bandwidth: PC3-10700H

Memory chip Corsair from 4 GB

Maximum frequency: 667 MHz
Max bandwidth: PC3-10700H

Graphics card

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

DirectX version installed: 11.0
http://www.ma-config.com/

Please help. Should I send it back to my retailer? Is that a known issue? Did I miss something?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
gentrycl
Journeyman III

Re: SAPPHIRE - Radeon R9 290 Vapor-X Tri-X OC Version - 4 Go / Weird horizontal lines

i have a r9 290 > r9 290x xfx core edition i get that when the voltage isnt high enough. was testing low voltage and i got lines on the screen due to voltage being low and clock speed being high but the voltage not being low enough to shut the card down.....if you can run furmark a small program and enable gpu log on gpuz let it run until the lines appear and post it here if i cant help someone else will be able to due to it will show all voltages and clock while the log is on should save to the desktop but it might be different to you.

0 Kudos