cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Novac
Journeyman III

Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC causing my PC to freeze, any solutions?

I have a Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/sapphire-tri-x-r9-290-oc.b2706 and my computer is freezing at random times whether it is gaming or watching video on youtube or just browsing sites like facebook... My other specs are i9 processor with 32 gb ram, I have given my PC to a local technician to wipe and download the latest drivers for the card he also oppened it up changed the thermal paste and cleaned it up from dust.

At this point the card is working flawlessly when it IS working... Meaning no weird sounds, no excessive heat, the card is working fine and quiet, but at many points like I said my card will give up on minor things (browsing the internet...) my screen will freeze and nothing will move any more and the only way out will be for me to reset my PC...

I'm desperate and I can't buy a new card as of the high prices... I can't figure out what's wrong with my card, how can it work just fine, me having 60 fps constantly while gaming and the out of a sudden she's out?

Please tell me what to do...

0 Likes
1 Reply
RodyGameplays
Journeyman III

Same here, but this happened to me on Windows 11, it seems to be something about the legacy state of our graphics card.

0 Likes