cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

siddust
Adept II

Sapphire pulse RX 6600 XT black screen driver instalation

Hi guys, looks like too many people is having issues with this type of graphic card, i bought mine last friday and i was excited, well installed the proper drivers and utility´s and everything ok, i played games aswell, but sudently every time i turn off or restart my PC i get an bug error from AMD software saying the video driver had a problem and it started graphic to run in safe mode, well i tried so many things, reinstalling using proper progrmas to do so an then every time i try to reinstall the drivers i get black screen forever  the PC still runs normally but no image even if i reboot pc the same thing happen over and over again,so i cleaned registry even format my whole PC and guess  what ? the same thing happened after installed the drivers again, latest version 28.1 the only one availabe actually, and now i can't use RX 6600 xt anymore like the first time, il do a refund but i hope AMD fix this asap for every1.

if some1 had some solution for it tell me plz

my specs are:

ASUS prime Z370-P

intel I7-8700 (8GEN)

16GB ram DDR (2400Mhz)

Corsair PSU 650W

333 Replies

Stuck like never running ? 

They're set to not run at idle and will only start from 40 Deg ish by default. You can change that in parameters by enabling advanced fan control that also allows for custom curves 

0 Likes

The sleep screen problem came again today, but this time I don't do nothing more than borrow the HDMI cable from a TV, and the problem is gone.

The only physical difference I can tell you from the cables is:

-The cable with the issue is thin and it not appear to be shielded and has not ferrite cores near the connectors (it came originally with an HP 24f monitor)

-The cable that works and solves the problem is thick and shielded and has ferrite cores (came with a 4k Samsung smartv)

I don't change nothing in Radeon Software, only cables and problem solved.

Edit: Problem came back again with new cable, I need to decide if RMA the GPU(only a month old).

does freesync work with hdmi?

I think the black-screen-problem will never be solved, AMD doesn't matter about you,
i this bug known issue, it is not

0 Likes

Today I update Radeon software to optional Radeon Software Adrenalin 21.10.4 Driver Version 21.30.31.05 in the morning.

I'm using the Default configuration.

I left the PC on and leave the screen to sleep itself several times during the day, no more screen sleep driver crash today.

The version notes doesn't mention the issue, I don't know if AMD fixed it silently.

0 Likes

This topic is about the black screen driver crash once the driver attempts to start (on boot or after installation).  The sleep issue is a different one that might be fixed. The original problem still happens with sapphire cards only it seems, at least according to the posts that described this problem.

So, I had the Sapphire Pulse RX 6600 XT and had these black screen issues I think everytime I started the PC.
Now, I exchanged the card for the ASUS Dual RX 6600 XT, everything is working now for around two to three weeks in a row while using the PC on a daily basis. I kept the rest of the system including the graphics driver as it was and didn't change a thing. Just for your interest.
I'm now afraid to update the system in any way as I fear that the error might occur again, but I think the problem is solved with the ASUS Dual version.

Greetings

When will a moderator change this thread to say "Not solved" the issue seems to be intermittent so various people have thought they'd solved their problems only for it to re-occur.

0 Likes

It is kinda solved though, I read every single response. 

*If the problem occurs when you start your pc:

There is no fix to that. And seems like sapphire suffer almost exclusively from that problem with testimonies of it being fixed when trying other brands (Asus/Msi) 

Avoid sapphire /return the card if you can.

Nobody will admit this problem it's just bad PR. 

*If the black screen is related to sleep mode :

It's a minor issue imo and not deal breaking, disable sleep mode, there are also other methods around it. 

I think this work method temporarily

[Fixed] Windows DOESN'T WAKE UP from Sleep (BLACKSCREEN)

0 Likes

This is not the real problem, it's a minor inconvenience and the card is still usable. 

Some people can't get the card to boot properly with huge driver problems and errors showing/reoccurring despite trying everything pushing them to reinstall drivers using safe mode and other methods everytime it happens. They have to boot the pc repeatedly to bypass it and nothing seems to fix it, all solutions seems to works only for a short period of time. It makes the card kinda inusable. 

Changing the AIB from sapphire which seems to suffer the most from it to other brands fixed it for some.

Also some people reported using a better beefier PSU (750+) fixed it even though it doesn't make any sense. 

0 Likes

im back, i tried displayport only, plot twist ! it didn't work obviously.

im back to lvl 0 i can't even play games.

edit: hello Jorae, i don't know for others but i personally can't use your solution because the AMD software doesn't even boot when the pc boots, that what's causes the black screen for me (code 43 in device manager).

0 Likes

To reinstall drivers from scratch:

1. Use DDU in safe mode.

2. On safe mode erase every old driver you have in your PC with DDU

3.  After that restart to Windows and install Radeon software adenalin 21.8.2 (recommended)

Also as a note, sometimes before I solved it when the screen went to sleep and drivers crash, the GPU were "disabled" in Windows when you reboot, and you manually had to "Enable" it again from Windows device manager. Maybe that's whats happening to your GPU.

0 Likes

Don't you guys find it odd that the grand majority of problems are with sapphire cards? Is it a coïncidence? 

0 Likes

No, the issue is with every manufacturer, there's a Reddit post with comments from users with XFX, Sapphire, Gigabyte and Powercolor. All cards reported are different versions and brands. Also someone comment the issue is happening also in a 6900 xt.

PC freezes after sleep mode with RX 6600 XT 

I think is related to AMD drivers or Windows 21H1 updates fault, or both, remember what's happening on Windows 11 and AMD CPU's bad performance.

0 Likes

Oh you are right it's everywhere . I guess all these people who were ridiculed for choosing Nvidia because "AMD have driver issues" were kinda right after all. 

No issue in MSI  6600 xt.

0 Likes

i have already tried this several times, i did a bios update, changed the monitor, changed the hdmi cable, i formatted my pc, but nothing solved the problem.

i also tried linux manjaro, and used open source drivers, same issue

0 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8OLhUAPDq0

Jayztwocents video -follow this...to the word -

note---type in search, advance system properties -this brings up system properties then go to - Hardware - device installation settings - do you want to auto download manufactures apps etc.- CLICK no-

if you dont on boot windows will intall some old sh!t driver before you install the latest even with DDU. thats why you run safemode when installing drivers to avoid corruption

0 Likes

I understand you may solved your problem. I think I solved mine doing literally nothing. But as I already said here, this is NOT related to PSU once the problem happens when you start the system while the GPU is in IDLE power, not gaming, not doing hard stuff. Once the PC starts you can do anything and the problem won't happen again so again, this is NOT related to PSU.

Anyway, I am happy you solved your problem. I had this problem 2 months ago and it stopped itself for no reason. This week I had this problem again and after I deactivated "fast start" in windows energy settings, everything worked great again. Let's gonna see what happens in the next weeks! 

My advice to anyone reading this is: disable fast start in WINDOWS setttings (I am not talking about fast boot in BIOS, but I also recommend you to turn this off too). This helped some guys in this forum too.

Good luck to everyone

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Replacing the graphics cards is currently a very expensive business with the range and exorbitant prices. Those in the upper middle class already cost as much as motherboard, CPU and memory combined. I cannot and will not expect that, my RX5700XT has to withstand about 2-3 years. The problem is that AMD is barely responding to these problems. Hasta La Vista Baby

I've altered the xmp profile from 1 to auto and now it's kinda working for the last few boots?

However in game I started to have intermittent black screen issue, like if the driver/card rebooted with fans whirring.

It seems to occur around 40 deg when fans start, so I removed the 0RPM on idle option and it went away, but it's quite annoying.

My god what a mess. 

Any updates on the driver crashing problem?

0 Likes

@darkstar71 

Thank you for this information. Could you let us know what your previous PSU was? Any problems since you installed the new PSU? (black screen, etc.)

Again, I am a bit skeptical if it is just the PSU, because these black screens/no signals (at least for me) occur after the PC boots into Windows (there is a video signal during the boot logo), and not when the card is under medium/full load.

0 Likes

@Kobest 

I had a 500 watt psu before (bequiet Pure Power 11 cm). since I installed the new psu yesterday, there are no more blackscreens or driver crashes.

0 Likes

I'm a graphic SAPPHIRE Nitro+ Radeon RX 6600 XT I have my system together, as is now installed with the latest drivers, no problems with card I didn't, of course, I update, the intensity of the automatic graphics driver from within the Windows Group Policy Editor turn got

How to Disable Automatic Driver Update on Windows 10

Mainboard=B560M AORUS PRO

CPU=i3 10100F

RAM=corsair LPX 3200 2x8

VGA=SAPPHIRE Nitro+ Radeon RX 6600 XT

HDD=1 TB blue western

PSU=cooler master MWE 700 bronze v2 230v

0 Likes

PS:

first of course, uninstall everything cleanly with ddu in safe mode and then reinstall.

0 Likes

@darkstar71 

Thank you for the information. I am hoping  that it is not a PSU issue since I wouldn't like to buy a bigger PSU at the moment. (Especially because the solution is not guaranteed.) Mine is a Be Quiet! 400W Pure Power 11. 

0 Likes

@ kobest

a 450 watt power supply is not enough for this card. even my very good 500 watt 80+ gold was not sufficient. this is somehow related to the amount of power that has to be made available when booting.

0 Likes

Well I have a 650w PSU and have the same/similar issues as everyone else. My rx580 works every time even though it's an older and likely more power hungry card.

0 Likes

Same here with a 550w psu

0 Likes

I'm really bored. After a long struggle, I saved money and collected a system, now I'm dealing with this black screen problem. I sent the product to warranty and they said that the problem was not detected and sent it back. If the problem is with the driver, I hope it will be fixed soon. If the problem is solved with the update, please write it here immediately and we will download it.

0 Likes

@darkstar71 

See, that is the thing. I know that changing the PSU fixed this issue for you but I am not convinced that it is the problem.

I get video signal when I start up the PC, I see my motherboard manufacturer's logo - the only time that I have a chance of getting a black screen is when the windows login screen pops up.

I also checked Be Quiet!'s recommendations: they recommend a 400W Be Quiet! PSU for an RX590 (a 175W TDP card), and the RX 6600XT only rated at 160W. I also checked the Techpowerup review, and even with the 20ms Wattage spikes, I should be well within 400W. 

0 Likes

That and what about the fact that it does work normally sometimes. If it was a power draw issue (I would assume that) it should never work or crash under load which isn't the issue.

If other brand's cards work properly it seems like it has to be something weird with their design.

0 Likes

Sorun psu değil. Zaten 650w psu'm var.

0 Likes

many sellers now recommend a 600 watt psu for the card. I wonder why?

0 Likes

@darkstar71 

It could be a thing, yes, but then I would like AMD or Sapphire (or both) to come forward and say that you need at least a 600W PSU for this card.

I'm really hoping that they will address the black screen issue soon. The release of the RX 6600 non-XT is just around the corner, so it would be nice to know if the PSU is indeed an issue, so that I can sell this card and go for the (hopefully) less power-hungry one.

0 Likes

Same issue here, with the nitro version, i5-11400 and 600w gold psu.

Anyone got a better result after a rma and card switch ? 

0 Likes
shinox
Adept I

I have exactly same issue.. I need to restart pc many times to get my screen to work. Solution from this thread saying to fresh install w10 and updates and all mobo drivers and then amd full drivers instalation didn't help in my case. During drivers install got black screen and i have to restart pc like 5 or more times to get it to work. Surprisingly if it works for once and load drivers then my gpu works fine for next 10 hours untill i shut down pc and try to boot it up next day..

Anyone has better solutions?

0 Likes

The author of that solution said that the problem returned on the following day, so there's really no solution yet.