cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

siddust
Adept II

Sapphire pulse RX 6600 XT black screen driver instalation

Hi guys, looks like too many people is having issues with this type of graphic card, i bought mine last friday and i was excited, well installed the proper drivers and utility´s and everything ok, i played games aswell, but sudently every time i turn off or restart my PC i get an bug error from AMD software saying the video driver had a problem and it started graphic to run in safe mode, well i tried so many things, reinstalling using proper progrmas to do so an then every time i try to reinstall the drivers i get black screen forever  the PC still runs normally but no image even if i reboot pc the same thing happen over and over again,so i cleaned registry even format my whole PC and guess  what ? the same thing happened after installed the drivers again, latest version 28.1 the only one availabe actually, and now i can't use RX 6600 xt anymore like the first time, il do a refund but i hope AMD fix this asap for every1.

if some1 had some solution for it tell me plz

my specs are:

ASUS prime Z370-P

intel I7-8700 (8GEN)

16GB ram DDR (2400Mhz)

Corsair PSU 650W

333 Replies

yeah I think so, just wait for the new driver for coming up...

0 Likes

I sent the card to RMA and the seller checked it, rated it intact and sent it back to me. At the same time, I installed a new board and a new CPU, so there is not much room for fault isolation. Amd support advised me to deactivate the quick start. Now it is going for the time being, I hope it lasts. Overall, the driver seems unstable.

0 Likes

How do you deactivate the quick start? from windows or AMD software?

0 Likes

From Windows.

On the Start Menu, type "powercfg.cpl" and run it.

From the options on the side, click the one that says something about "Choose what the power buttons do" (I don't know what it says exactly in english).

Uncheck the "Fast Start" option and reboot your system.

Ok thanks, but it never worked for me lol, still getting a blackscreen the first time I turn on my PC

0 Likes
mat-arj
Adept II

Here's an answer I got from Sapphire today:

We do have some users reporting similar problem, however AMD has not officially released anything about this so far. We are thinking its something driver related. We are waiting for the next driver update to be released to solve this issue you are experiencing.

Guess we just wait for AMD to do something 🤷

0 Likes

is it possible that the "amd-crash-defender-service" is causing these problems, i'm testing this.

I deactivate the service under msconfig

0 Likes

Disabling AMD Crash Defender didn't do anything to me.

Regardless to this, I'm able to get the drivers to work most of the time by booting up my PC two times in a row.

It never works on the first attempt after having the computer completely plugged off, but, pressing the Power button when the black screen occurs, waiting for it to shutdown and then immediately turning it on again makes the drivers load properly about 80% of the time.

On the other 20% of those attempts, Windows had only loaded the basic video driver and I saw on the Device Manager that the RX 6600 XT was "disabled by Windows due to drivers malfunction". From there, I was able to click to re enable it and, after the computer going into a immediate and automatic restarting process, AMD drivers were properly loaded.

This is just bizarre, I know.

Also, I'd like to share that I got a brand new Nitro+ model after a RMA process. This one looks more stable, but as I stated above, the issue is still persisting.

I guess we must wait for the new driver, my issue is same with you bro, I must shutdown the pc for the 2nd time to get into windows, dunno what cause this, I tried sapphire suggestion to disable CSM in my BIOS and suddenly I got blackscreen everytime I boot, I cannot enter BIOS at all until i plugged of the BIOS Battery.

Here are sapphire suggestion via email :

"Please do help to try the SOP again , thanks.

If problem persists, then try to reinstall a pure OS by following the steps below –

1.  Update the latest MB BIOS and then go to MB BIOS setting page to set the CSM as disable or UEFI mode.
  2.  Disabled XMP in BIOS (XMP or Extreme Memory Profiles, is an Intel technology that allows you to change multiple memory settings by simply selecting a different profile, taking advantage of higher than standard memory speeds.)
  3.  Within MB BIOS setting page , please set PCIE speed to Gen3 instead of AUTO if your MB does not support Gen4.
  4.  Format and select GPT instead of MBR to install a pure Windows 10 X64.
  5.  Use “windows update” to get Windows 10 X64 ver : 21H2
  6.  Download the install Catalyst 21.8.2 Optional "

Please do it at your own risk... 

i let amd-crash-defender-service disabled, no crash since yesterday

Sapphire suspects different boards and its settings as sources of the error? My old gigabyte sniper z87 and that doesnt have all these features at all. completly useless waste of time

0 Likes

i have noch crashes yet, but  i have every first start a blackscreen, im so sick of it

0 Likes

please do not give stupid advice like "disable quick start, disable any services, disable Windows update"
The problem is in the video card driver and nothing else

I have the same problem. I must start my PC twice. On the first attempt it boot until the Windows Logo appears and then the monitor gets no signal, also the lights on my keyboards go off. So i press the start button until the pc shut off and instantly turn it on and then the pc starts normal.

On an RX 480 Nitro+ here. I can't play AC: Origins for about a YEAR now. Every time I open it, I spawn, it runs... as soon as I move the camera: INTENSE glitches all over my screen, driver timeout... once I had to physically re-plug my monitors to make them work again... in between all the driver releases the past year, I also had plenty of other more minor bugs as well. I just wanna use what I spend so much money on, what's the problem?

0 Likes

Same here, now I have difficulties to boot windows and get a blackscreen everytime I turn on my PC, I think it's driver related problem, just wait for the next version of driver from AMD

0 Likes

I'm facing Black screen issues with RX 6600 XT Please Help Things i do, Before i thought my Monitor is the old one around 7+ Years, so i thought that can be a problem, then i bought a new monitor, but the problem didn't fixed, When i installed very first time driver, everything went smoothly that time, AMD driver was installed succesfully, i have also played games as well, But when i did start my PC on next day from that day it was giving me black screen, I have installed every single AMD driver till yet, last 2 of them which are supported by this GPU only as of now, but no luck, It just make beep sound and it goes blank, to verify that, i run my screen remotely with Anydesk/Teamviewer, most shocking was i can able to see the screen there, easily, It was showing that, Driver is not loaded succesfully something, it was giving me error. I have DDU more than 10+ times already to make it fix, and then i thought let format the PC will do from the scratch, but after i came to main screen and tried to install, it was again give me black screen, this is so frustrating to use this GPU, but it's a new GPU, i'm pretty sure, it's not from a GPU side it's a Driver side error.

0 Likes

I think this issue is driver related, maybe we can just wait amd for release a stable driver for this GPU

0 Likes

I` ve send my Powercolor Fighter to RMA and my hardwaredealer send me a Powercolor Hellhound back.

With the Hellhound i` ve got no blackscreen during driver installation and booting up anymore.

0 Likes

so its hardware problem?

0 Likes

Maybe both, hard- and softwareproblem.

0 Likes

can you post your pc specs in here? 

0 Likes

Of course:

Ryzen 5 3600 @ Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360

MSI X570 Gaming Plus

2 x 16GB GSkil Aegis 3200MHz

BeQuiet PurePower 10 500W

nvme WD SN 550 1TB

m2 sata Crucial mx500 1TB

sata SiliconPower 1TB

0 Likes

• Based and your specs, your motherboard support pci e 3 and 4, is that make a difference when using an AMD gpu?
0 Likes

No.

3.gen, 4. gen or auto makes no difference.

Edit: I remember with the first 6600XT i got only windows standard vga driver. With the new one windows detectet the card as 6600XT. And no, it was not the same windows installation.

so your new 6600xt now works well without a blackscreen? 

0 Likes

Yes no more blackscreens.

Ok I will check my card with my friends computer which GPU is the same with mine, if problem persist I must RMA this GPU ASAP

0 Likes

I RMA'd my Sapphire Nitro+ and they got me a new one but from the same model, so I got no luck with the black screen.

At least it works on the second time I start the PC so I guess I'm fine with that while we wait for a driver update.

You think the driver cause this? maybe it's SAM setting or Smart Access Memory had to do with it? it still confuse me until now T_T

0 Likes

I just hope that there will be a solution, the answers from Amd Support are completely insane. They claim that there is hardly anyone who also has this problem

to day my sapphire pulse 6600xt working perfectly, i didn do anything

rebooting & power off many time and all ok

0 Likes

Are all of the posts in this from people experiencing issues with exclusively the Sapphire Pulse edition of the RX 6600 XT as I am going to RMA my card and try to get an ASUS version of the card instead. I just want to be sure that the ASUS card won't experience the same problem

0 Likes

No, my card was from Powercolor. I think the problem is with every brand.

On reddit users with XFX, Gigabyte and Asrock have the same problems.

0 Likes

Then would you recommend just RMAing it and waiting for a 3060 or something similar, as that would not be ideal but if the 6600s have issues then I might have to

0 Likes

It's very likely not the card but the drivers. So there's not really anything you can do until they release new drivers... Sure, you could use a an old driver but it got to be really old as I've been having problems since autumn LAST YEAR (and with every driver since). I don't have your problem exactly but the driver timeout one, another one many people with RX cards report on the forums.

0 Likes

Here's my situation in case it helps. Has a Sapphire Pulse 6600XT in a Z490 motherboard with an Intel i5-10400 which worked fine for 2 weeks, then on August 25th (release of 21.8.2 Adrenaline driver) I got black screen. During windows boot it would just go black, sometimes it would be black throughout, sometimes it would almost get to the login screen.

I tried all the things suggested here and more (but not the Fast Boot disable) and no luck. Once it booted into windows for about 8 minutes, then went black as I was trying to update drivers. Weirdly one of the DisplayPorts on the back had more chance than others.

I have 2 machines, so I also tried moving the card into an AMD Ryzen system (B450 motherboard with Ryzen 5 2600) and it works perfectly with the same drivers.

So I agree that it's probably a driver issue. I've not tried the card back in the old machine with Fast Boot disabled yet, but plan to just wait for new drivers.

0 Likes

i had same problem

this is not a windows OS issue. i booted my card with HIVEOS (linux mining os) and HIVE OS sometimes not detect my video card.

returned that trash and bought a new RTX 3060 ti

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ich warte schon seit November 20 auf einen stabilen AMD Radeon Treiberfür meine RX5700XT. Die Probleme sind vielfältig und habe diese einigermaßen gelöst. Das Windows läuft ohne Mucken, nur bei Valhalla hatte ich schwarzen Bildschirm. Ich habe dafür den Kerntakt und die Kernspannung gesenkt, den die Standardeinstellung, einige Games und Anwendungen kommen damit nicht zurecht, ist schon im Boostbereich.  

0 Likes

@Anonymous Once again, I remind you that this is an English language only forum. Please take the time to translate your posts before submitting them. 

0 Likes

Update: now I need to start my PC (after it being unplugged) three times in a row in order to get the drivers to load

I wonder if it will be four times by October..

0 Likes