cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

idoldissr
Adept I

Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT will no longer let system POST.

My RX 5700 XT has worked flawlessly for the year I've owned it.  Then, back in late July, I purchased a Bykski water-block for it, and once installed, the temps all came down by 18 to 20 degrees C.  Wonderful!  It operated like flawlessly, like it always had; then, one morning I turned the system on and the green light (POST) on the brand new ASUS TUF Gaming B-550 Plus motherboard would only come 'on' very dimly for like 2 seconds and reverted to the bright 'white' LED indicating a problem with the graphics card.  Since that time, I've replaced that card with 2 480's, which run like they're supposed to, in CF.   I've updated all Bios settings for the MB and rebuilt and retested the 5700XT with the same result.  Anyone have a clue about how I might 'fix' this?  Can it be 'refurbished?'  If so, how?    Is 'reflow soldering' a good idea in this situation?

0 Likes
1 Solution

I imagine since you installed a custom water-block on the RX5700XT Sapphire's warranty is voided.

Try removing the custom water-block and rebuilt it the way it was when you purchased it and see if it still won't boot up.

Physically inspect the PCB for any broken or burnt traces or components or discolorations.

Otherwise I don't personally have any other suggestions except see if the same thing occurs on a different computer. If it does then your RX5700XT is defective.

NOTE: you can try and repair it yourself but you first need to find out what is wrong with it.  Reflow soldering will repair any tiny broken traces and solder again any components to the PCB board but if a chip or component is bad Reflow soldering won't help.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

I imagine since you installed a custom water-block on the RX5700XT Sapphire's warranty is voided.

Try removing the custom water-block and rebuilt it the way it was when you purchased it and see if it still won't boot up.

Physically inspect the PCB for any broken or burnt traces or components or discolorations.

Otherwise I don't personally have any other suggestions except see if the same thing occurs on a different computer. If it does then your RX5700XT is defective.

NOTE: you can try and repair it yourself but you first need to find out what is wrong with it.  Reflow soldering will repair any tiny broken traces and solder again any components to the PCB board but if a chip or component is bad Reflow soldering won't help.

Thanks for the response.  I actually did rebuild the rx 5700 xt to its original condition and re-inserted it to the MB...with the same 'no POST' result.  I will, however, try it in another build I have to see if it behaves differently.  When I was checking the pcb, after I removed the water-cooling from it, it didn't look any different than before...which is why this is so surprising to me...especially since it worked for like 3 weeks. running for long hours every day, WITH the temps (according to HWiNFO64) 18 to 20 C lower than stock, under stress. If all else fails, I may try the reflow solder idea...seems I have nothing to lose at this point.

Thanks again, elstaci.

Try opening a Sapphire Warranty ticket since you removed the custom water block on it and rebuilt it back to the way it was.

Maybe they will honor the Warranty on it.  I believe with Sapphire you need to go through the Retailer where you purchased the GPU Card to get Warranty service.

Also make sure that Sapphire will return your GPU card if they find out the Warranty is  voided on it before turning it in.