Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jefsieb
Adept I

Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT GPU fluctuation/stutters

Hello,

I was really looking forward to using my new Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT but I am experiencing some issues using it. 

The main problem is that the GPU-clock is all over the place while gaming. Its not stable and this probably causes the game to stutter this much. I've tested this with Battlefield 1 (dx12).  Turning v-sync/freesync on/off doesn't change anything.

Strange thing is when I play The Division 2/Metro Exodus for example there are no problems with the GPU-utilization. No stutters and stable framerate/GPU-usage

• AMD Ryzen 5 2600

•  Asrock B450M-PRO4

• G.Skill DDR4 Aegis 2x8GB 3000Mhz

•  Crucial MX500 1TB SSD

• Gigabyte GP-G750H 750W PSU

• Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit NL OEM

• Playing on 1440P (144Hz)

I've added some screenshots with my system specs and a log from GPU-Z. The logfile (Google Drive shareable link) clearly shows the problem with the GPU-utilization.

Maybe the problems with BF1 are being caused because more frames are being rendered than the max. capability of my monitor.

I hope there's someone out there who can help me.

Thanks in advance,

Jeffrey

0 Likes
3 Replies
kookiemon
Journeyman III

Same problem here, mate. Been trying to solve this issue for a couple of months now. I am starting to regret purchasing this $400 piece of problematic equipment. I don't know if this is due to a problematic driver or a faulty hardware. Nevertheless, this ain't fun anymore. I was originally going for the 2070 super but I thought the 5700 xt offered a much better deal. And now I am regretting it.

0 Likes
jefsieb
Adept I

Thanks kookiemon for the reply. 

Strange thing is I can play the newest AAA-games without any issues whatsoever (The Division 2 + Metro Exodus) Great performance and good stability. I can still return the card for the next two weeks. I am still not sure what to do, because I am only experiencing problems right now with BF1. This card delivers excellent price/performance. Problem is reliability and driver issues (if thats the case) I've edited my orignal post with some extra details.

jefsieb
Adept I

0 Likes