cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

rohailkhan
Journeyman III

Sapphire Nitro Rx480 4GB overheating to 89-90 and poor performance in all games?

Sapphire Nitro Rx480 4GB overheating to 89-90 and poor performance in all games?

I am very disappointed by the performance overall. I’ve many issues with this card.

• In Idle state card is maintaining temps to around 50-55c, but in games like Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of Mordor temps goes very high to 85+ on lowest settings in game even I tried run games on lower resolutions, performance was better, But this is not acceptable, this card should easily handle most games on 1080p with atleast medium settings.
  • I tried to monitor other things as well, and i notices card is not maintaing core clock as well it goes to 1200+ and suddenly jumps down to even 300 on 100 GPU Load.
  • I’ve read many articles blogs but couldnt understand what is wrong with my card.

my Wattman Settings are attached, I’ve tweaked this area only rest is default.

Here is my system specs

Mobo: Asus Z170-A

CPU: Core i5-6600k

PSU: Corsair VS 650

RAM: Corsair 8gb ram

GPU Driver: 18.3.4

Case: Cooler Master K380

Let me know if you need more info about anything to understand my issues.

0 Likes
1 Solution
plumboby
Miniboss

Adrenaline drivers are fine with what I run  & how I am doing it with mine just idling away. I set my frequencys on Auto just with some extra volts & cooling to suit. Tho all RX series cards are locked back on volts I found all the rx series of users bumping voltage helps a lot. I find the frequency doesn't fluctuate much either under load with a few background tasks running in the background to. Try the 17.12.1 Drivers I found they were the drivers I went back to when I had issues & found still prety stable to use. Might find your chill will work better, I found chill settings with wattman profile be a good guide & test on those drivers. Give it a run for a few days leave it idling. Then do a few games testing try run withen game settings you like as a test. Adjust to suit keep an eye on your temps, if you experience the same issues might be a dud card RMA it with ASUS. They might just refund you with an updated model of equivalent card. Give it a test if you going to RMA it & its card at fault they usually give you the upto date spec of that same card which be a rx580.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies