cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

tauuruz
Adept II

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT - Green Screen and reboot if VRAM Fast Timing enabled.

Hello!

I'm getting green screen and reboot if VRAM fast timing is enabled.

I'm OC my GPU but it won't crash if VRAM fast timing is disabled.

Is that a Driver Issue or GPU issue or dunno hehe?

My build:

Ryzen 5 5600X

Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT

G.Skill 32GB RAM 4000Mhz

PSU 850W 80+ Gold

Edit: Forgot, my driver version is Adrenalin 21.8.1 Optional

Hope seeing some good tips

5 Replies
kiranseeram
Journeyman III

I am getting the same issue with rx6700xt power color red devil, I slightly overclocked and changed the fan curve to my liking but this doesn't affect anything , when I change from default to fast timing I get green screen , crash then reboot . this so far happens with rdr2, I also realized it also affects my hdr to switch on and off time to time . But with it on its really an increase in performance.

ryzen 5600x

32gb corsair 

gb x570

rx6700xt

corsair 850

driver 21.12.1

win 11

Running the Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT.

Had same problem.

Found that if I don't push the memory clock past 2200MHz and don't push the GPU fans over 75% the issue stops.

Been running my VPU at 2235MHz and VRAM at 2170MHz (fast timing enabled) for almost a month now with these settings and no crashes green screens black screens or no signal have happened.

My build Windows 10 Pro 64 Version 21H2 CPU Ryzen 7 2700x at 4.2GHz 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum (4x8) PC3200 RAM MOBO MSI X370 M7 ACK SSD Samsung SATA 3 870 EVO V-NANO 4TB GPU RX 6900 XT with WHQL drivers PSU Thermaltake ToughPower 1200 watt CPU Cooler MSI FROZR L 120mm x 2 fans. 

Probably teething issues with the GDDR6 VRAM.

I remember when ATI came out with the x1000 series GPU's with the new GDDR4 VRAM they had similar issues with the higher end cards. 

0 Likes

A few days ago I just read that maybe fan vibrations could be causing some sort of EMI

(User said that manually set fan max speed to 70% made crashes and reboots disappear - If set above 70% would crash and reboot)

Weird thing

0 Likes

That would be me. 

Every crash I experienced on my Power Color Demon RX 6900 XT happened when my GPU fans were set to 80% or higher.

For a month now I've kept my GPU fans at 75% with no thermal issues on any application and no "Global Wattman has reset Adrenaline software to default for unknown reason errors".

Also experienced the same issue when I was running 2 RX 590's in crossfire. Fans above 80% frequent crashes fans at 75% or lower no crashes.

Don't know why this happens but I know desktop PC's are sensitive to vibration physical shocks/impacts and Electromagnetic Interference.   

tauuruz
Adept II

New info:

I have Adrenalin 22.2.1 Optional drivers and most games work good.

Fast Timing enabled and GPU and CPU overclocked.

***** Except for Dota 2 - I had some reboots with black screen, weird thing is I enabled Vsync and no more reboots.

:S

0 Likes