BIOS Version: 7C02v1I

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 Corsair

PSU: CORSAIR 750W+ GOLD

Case: Can't remember

Operating System & Version: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

GPU Drivers: 23.5.2

Chipset Drivers: N/A

Background Applications: DISCORD, FireFox

Description of Original Problem: I've been using the 7900 XT for about two weeks now and I keep getting a persistant screen flickering issue in newer games. It's especially bad in something like Elden Ring, which occurs every 30seconds, it's better in other games as it's rarer. With World of Warcraft Classic I sometimes get a complete blackout + crash of AMD drivers and the fps drops to 10-15, have to restart. Flicker issue is ONLY when playing video games.

Link to the example here: https://imgur.com/a/llXu9Qt

If you need more examples I'll try recording a few more. But the issue is pretty much like that, just the color changes to the in game surroundings, not black.

Troubleshooting: I've no SAM, disabled MPO and HDR, FreeSync too. I've changed 2 DisplayPort cables. Anyone got any other tips?

It's getting really annoying.

0 Likes
1 Solution
ntelis
Adept I

I'll bring this from the dead just in case anyone else runs into something similar, my issue seems to have been resolved.

I took two steps, I did a DDU in safe mode, removed old NVIDIA stuff AND I removed AMD stuff again. Did a clean reinstall.

But what I think HELPED in the end, well, helped may not be the right word, but I was using this yellow light overlay named f.lux which helps in reducing blue light and making the screen color more natural. I've disabled that and haven't had the flicker issue since then.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
ntelis
Adept I

Bump.

0 Likes

Another bump.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

You did all the basics. Close all background apps as a test. Discord is notorious for causing issues. If you are using any overlays (steam, etc...), try disabling them too.

Are you running windowed fullscreen or exclusive fullscreen? If windowed, then try exclusive fullscreen.

0 Likes

Hey,

I usually run Windowed Fullscreen.

I want to fix it so I don't have to run many conditionals to get basic video card functionality. If the issue persists I will talk with the place I bought it from and return it. Sad, I don't want to go green but at this rate..

0 Likes

Another popular thing to disable for AMD is ULPS.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Are you running the game in exclusive full screen mode?

Try disabling hardware acceleration in Discord and Firefox if you run those in the background. 

Have you changed any other settings in AMD Software from the default option?

0 Likes

No, I'm running it on windowed fullscreen.

I've disabled accelerated hardware stuff for now, will test more.

Yes, i've pretty much disabled every thing I could that allegedly boosts smootheness and performance, the issue was there BEFORE I tinkered with anything.

0 Likes

Have you tried a different DP port on the GPU?

I see you've tried two different cables, have you tried the DP cable that came with the monitor?

0 Likes

Yes,

I'm using the DP cable that came with the monitor. I've tried swapping the DP ports, but the monitor doesn't run 144hz if I do swap the ports (not sure if that's a GPU thing).

0 Likes

I meant DP ports actually rather than HDMI. What display are you using?

0 Likes

My monitor is UltraGear 27GN800-P 27" IPS 16:9.

There are 2 DisplayPorts on my GPU. Only one of them runs 144hz. The other one caps at 60hz. I only run the 144hz. I haven't tried the HDMI ports.

0 Likes

I also am using two monitors, if that helps you in your responses.

0 Likes
ntelis
Adept I

I'll bring this from the dead just in case anyone else runs into something similar, my issue seems to have been resolved.

I took two steps, I did a DDU in safe mode, removed old NVIDIA stuff AND I removed AMD stuff again. Did a clean reinstall.

But what I think HELPED in the end, well, helped may not be the right word, but I was using this yellow light overlay named f.lux which helps in reducing blue light and making the screen color more natural. I've disabled that and haven't had the flicker issue since then.

Thanks for the update!

0 Likes

Thanks for your patience and help as well!

0 Likes