cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

xenolith
Adept I

Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT reporting 0 RPM fans speed when spinning

I registered new here today because I'm experiencing a problem with this card's reporting a 0 RPM fan speed in all monitoring software I've tried. It reported fan speed just fine for the first month or so, but not now. All three fans on the card are spinning just fine, but according to Adrenaline software, Sapphire TRIXX, and HWiNFO they're reporting 0 RPM, whether it's with the default fan curve or a manual fan curve, whether Zero RPM is disabled or enable. Sapphire TRIXX Fan Test reports a failure on the 3rd fan (from the backplate) even though it's spinning full speed just fine.

I took out the effected fan to see what I could see. There wasn't a sign of damage, dirt, or dust, so I just put it back in, and it still reports 0 RPMs. I don't know if this could be a software bug or a hardware issue.

I come from a long history with EVGA and they have a large support forum community. Sapphire doesn't even have a forum, so here I am.

System:

Sapphire Nitro+ 6900 XT

ASUS X570 Crosshair VIII Hero BIOS 3003

Ryzen 3900X

Windows 10 64-bit

Thank you to anyone that can help.

7 Replies

Unless you have some other oc/fan control/monitoring app. installed that may be causing a conflict ?, but with Trixx reporting a failure you may want to contact Sapphire support.

What driver version installed, and was it a fresh (clean install) or an over the top install.

You could also try deactivating 'Tuning' (restore factory defaults), for troubleshooting (i don't use it myself).

The Amd metrics readout, Trixx, HWINfo64 are showing fan speed for me (tried them individually and then all at same time). 

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

I did a clean Windows install and the RPMs are now reporting correctly. TRIXX Fan Health Check says fan health is OK now as well.

This system previously had an RTX 2080 that I replaced with the 6900 XT. I used DDU to clean out the Nvidia drivers and kept up to date with AMD drivers. The only tuning/monitoring software I used other than AMD's Adrenalin was Sapphire TRIXX and HWiNFO.

I'll have to keep a closer eye on it to see if a driver update or and other software causes another break in RPM reporting.

I have the same problem with my 6900 XT!

Only thing i changed was to instal the latest Version of HWiNFO64 today.

Screenshot_1.jpg

0 Likes

Is it a Sapphire?

Mine will still show 0 RPMs, then will show RPMs, then will show 0 RPMs again, randomly. All the while with Zero RPM setting disabled and the fans always spinning.

I suspect it's a software glitch. There's an older thread here with other Sapphire 6900 XT owners that have the issue. It's interesting why it appears to only effect this specific card, AFAIK.

As long as the temps are stable, I can live with it.

0 Likes

i have a PowerColor Radeon RX 6900 XT Red Devil

0 Likes

Then it very likely involves the AMD Adrenaline software.

0 Likes
YunKO
Journeyman III

Hello I have fully same problem. how can I solve ?

Please help somebody.

0 Likes