cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

x8raptor
Journeyman III

Sapphire 6900XT SE Nitro Flickering and Black Screening to Crashing

Even on desktop just moving windows around it flickers and will sometimes even black screen crash completely.

Does not happen at all when switching to the motherboard hdmi.

Tested both hdmi and display port with different cables and monitors on GPU. Still flickers/crashes.

When I did a full reset and removed old driver versions with full reset it worked fine on desktop and stopped flickering there but game framerates were atrocious like 5-10 FPS in Lost Ark Character Select, similar in others.

Once I installed the latest drivers again 21.10.2 or 22.2.2… once again back to near nonstop flickering just moving the mouse and/or windows around and sometimes crashing even just on the desktop.

With the latest drivers installed it crashed almost immediately upon attempting to load up Lost Ark or any other game.

Upon reload with latest drivers it once again is flickering/stuttering and giving the “AMD software detected that a driver timeout has occurred on your system”

Also, sometimes getting this error popping up on the side "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure."

Power Plan is on high performance

Running 3 separate VGA Cables from PSU to the GPU two 8 pins and one 8 to 6+2 pin (24 pins total connected)

Specs:

Asus ProArt Creator Z690 wifi MB

I9 12900k CPU

64GB Trident z5 Gskill DDR5 ram

Fractal AIO Cooler

XMP Off

All drivers updated across the board.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Dan6900xt
Journeyman III

Did you find a solution?

vialli100
Forerunner

Try using balanced power plan..

What PSU do you have? I guess it's a good one?

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
0 Likes