cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Sanderch
Journeyman III

Saphire Nitro + 6600 xt issues

So I'm having a few issues with new GPU, I'm running 16gb 3600 ram, b550 tomahawk and 5600x cpu with 1000watt power supply. Only buit the pc yesterday and originally couldn't get the pc to boot, just blank screen with the VGA red warning light. On disconnecting and re connecting the display booted and thought all was good, however, if the pc goes into sleep mode I cant get the display to come back on and have to hard reset, on re powering the pc it defaults back to red VGA light. I can then reboot again and it boots? When powered on it works and plays apex no problems? The next issue is when the power has been off overnight. When trying to boot again it defaults to red VGA warning light. So the only thing I can think of is the PSU? It is an old semi modular 1000w but has a connection that takes it from 6 pin to 8 and not sure this is correctly set up. To be honest its a mates PSU and not sure were the 8 pin extender has come from.. the PSU only has 2 6 pin PCIE power cables so not sure if I just need a new PSU? The GPU lights up and fans spin even when the VGA light is on? Finally I managed to catch the monitor as it was going to sleep and it woke with no drivers working. On checking device manager it had a 31 error of drivers not responding? I used the AMD tool to install all the required drivers so not sure if it is PSU or Driver issue. Any recommendations? I'm stuck and don't want to damage new GPU? 

16296342457883844925840309914553.jpg

0 Likes
2 Replies
Jomanaca
Adept II

Bro i have the same problem and dont worry its 100 % problems of AMD drivers , we have to wait a new ver of it. Im 100% secure cause one time the graphic card work well  and its not proble of the card

0 Likes

The PSU must be really old (or garbage make) to only have 6 pin out for a 1000W, replace it with a modern spec one (2019 or newer).

Then maybe see if driver is at fault.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes