Graphics Cards

N0tpro
Journeyman III

ryzen7 2700x rx 6600 xt low fps

Hello guys

i bought rx 6600 xt and i have low fps in games

i have ryzen 7 2700x an 2x8 3200 ram

i get same fps on low/high game quality

for example i get 80-100 fps on low quality in warzone and when im put graphic setting on ultra again i get 80-100 fps in warzone and i dont know why

plz some one help me ty all. gl

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

Your problem sounds like you have Max FPS enabled and set at 100.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
ThreeDee
Paragon

you can pull up your task manager and click on performance ... check your CPU usage. It kind of looks like you are CPU bound .. maybe

IF it shows CPU at 90+% usage and GPU at considerably less .. THEN that's what is going on

Plus .. what speed is your system RAM actually running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

Some other things that might help with performance .. might not .. but good to do regardless:

Make sure your AM4 chipset drivers are up to date from AMD.com

Make sure  your RAM is installed in slots A2/B2 IF you are running a motherboard with 4 memory slots (2nd and 4th slots away from the CPU socket)

Updating your BIOS can help with a lot of things (compatibility with RAM,M.2 drives ..etc, security fixes, performance increases)

Make sure your Windows install is up to date

run the program DDU and remove all things AMD (and Nvidia if that was a past GPU on this install of Windows) .. reboot .. and THEN install latest GPU drivers from AMD.com 

Make sure you have good air flow thru your case to keep CPU and GPU cool, as well as your VRM's and system RAM

ThreeDee PC specs

ty my friend ty