cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

sevindi
Adept I

Ryzen 7 3750H and RX Vega 10 Graphics random 100% GPU usage on 1080p videos

My integrated GPU randomly jumps to 100% while watching something on Chrome or Firefox and video starts stutter. It goes back normal after a while but it's really annoying. I have tried to reinstall drivers but it didn't work.

What can be the problem here? Maybe thermal throttling? Is there anyway to solve this problem? Please don't advise to turn off hardware acceleration because I know it will solve the problem but it also uses much more battery on my laptop that way.

0 Likes
45 Replies
amd_pl
Adept I

Re: Ryzen 7 3750H and RX Vega 10 Graphics random 100% GPU usage on 1080p videos

I have the same problem and fan cpu turn of even on simple internet use, do you have solution? 

0 Likes
amd_pl
Adept I

pleas see this, any one help? https://community.amd.com/thread/249728 

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Hi there,

Could you please tell me/us that driver version you are using as well as OS version?

Also, do you have anything running in the background? I’m assuming You are on a build of Win10 which actually uses the GPU for rendering of its UI if its capable. 

So it might not even be the video playback that is causing the issue, and for good measure .. Are you playing from the browser? 

edit:

You are using the APU gfx, did you check your free memory? Because Windows shares it, and if you are running load, there might be some slapping while the APU is waiting for additional mem.

amd_pl
Adept I

If you tell to me my problem is on https://community.amd.com/thread/249728     do you can help me?

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Let me look at that topic  but if i can, i will... still need some info though

0 Likes
sevindi
Adept I

Hi, thank you for the reply. 

I am on Windows 10 1909 build. Yes Windows 10 also uses integrated Radeon GPU for UI. I also have a external graphic card (GTX1650). I am currently on driver version 20.2.2 but I have also tried lots of previous version the result is the same. 

I am 99% sure that video playback on browsers causing the problem because %100 usage and stutters only happen when I open a 1080p video. It is not happening while watching it on 720p. Also, the problem is exist when I turn off the hardware acceleration. 

0 Likes
atmosphere
Adept III

Ok, thanks.. well on the OS level you seem to be ok, as well as the driver side. Also great you tried turning off Hardware Acceleration, as a lot of variables come into play when doing that...

With those suspects out of the picture (well not really.. but you dont have Relive enabled right?)

Can you tell me what proces taskmanger shows to be using the GPU when it spikes?

A few weeks ago, maybe more i had something like spiking gpu usage when on desktop. Turned out to be a game-launcher (origin, Steam or Uplay) which was updating it window even when the window wasnt open.. in my case it turned out to be origin. 

atmosphere
Adept III

Lol, forgot to mention... that reinstalling chrome/ff and flash, solied the hardware acceleration bug for me quite a few times. The issue started in those cases after Windows or driver updates the previous day... maybe worth a go. 

My guess is that some interface to the videodecoder is stuck or at least throws an error and the GPU&driver have to reset. That give a spike in load, and cause video to stutter.

atmosphere
Adept III

Just noticed... only  issues @ 1080p you say... that might be something, are you running at 60Hz?

Have you turned on any Video enhacements in the adrenaline cp?

Does the issue happen when connected to the powersupply?