cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

JERF
Adept I

Ryzen 5 5600h and RTX 3050 30fps cap in games

For some reason my fps in games (csgo, pubg,...) is capped at 30fps when i choose to run them on my RTX 3050. this wasn't the case until recently (dont know what changed). When i choose to run the games on the integrated gpu it isnt capped

0 Likes
1 Solution

i deleted and installed my nvidia and AMD driver and it worked. thx

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

Check monitors refresh rate from Windows -> Display settings -> advanced display settings

Make sure you don't have framerate capped to 30 in graphics cards settings (integrated uses different settings)

didn't realize you have a laptop before now...

Check power settings and does it matter if you plug power cord

Because laptops are brand computers, they can have factory pre-installed software which usually just cause problems and are often considered bloatware. So check those small icons next to clock and see if you find some control panel and what settings you can find from there.

If you use external display with 4K resolution, problem could be the cable you are using.

Always mention the brand and model of computer when asking for help

0 Likes
JERF
Adept I

Thx for the reply, ive tried all your possible fixes, but they didnt work

i have a lenovo ideapad gaming 3

0 Likes

Go to Geforce experience -> settings -> games -> battery boost -> disable

0 Likes

thats already disabled

0 Likes

Then enable and set it higher to see if it does something. Outside that, you'll probably have to reinstall something. Could also ask Nvidia or Lenovo for help as it isn't your CPU that is causing this.

0 Likes

i deleted and installed my nvidia and AMD driver and it worked. thx

0 Likes