cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ThetPaing
Adept I

Ryzen 5 4500u Bottleneck in rx 6600 XT ?

I built system with Ryzen 5 4500 u and rx 6600 xt graphic , i get low fps even in dota2 , i only get around 70 fps in dota2 

what can i do for this please suggest me please ....

0 Likes
1 Solution

You are using a laptop mobile processor with a Desktop GPU Card.

I went to CPU Agent which has a FPS & Bottleneck calculator. I inputted your processor with the GPU card and 16GB of  RAM Memory @3600Mhz.

With those specs it shows a large bottleneck between processor and GPU card: https://www.cpuagent.com/build-compare/amd-ryzen-5-4500u-vs-intel-core-i9-10900k/summary/amd-radeon-...

Screenshot 2022-06-06 102203.pngScreenshot 2022-06-06 102334.png

I imagine a laptop processor is much weaker or less powerful than a desktop processor due to its heat limitations to be used in a laptop and not a desktop.

EDIT: How were you able to use a laptop processor that uses a soldered type motherboard socket on a regular AM4 Socket motherboard?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Need more information then what you posted.

First you have a Laptop processor with a Desktop GPU card. So are you using a laptop with a eGPU with a RX6600XT inside it?

Is this a Windows or MAC Laptop?

Exact model of your laptop?

No I built a desktop with this spec (CPU - Ryzen 5 4500u & GPU- Rx 6600 XT) then I get low fps in every game even in dota2.

Is this bottleneck or something else? Now I'm trying to overclock my CPU. Is it the right way or what should I do?

0 Likes

You are using a laptop mobile processor with a Desktop GPU Card.

I went to CPU Agent which has a FPS & Bottleneck calculator. I inputted your processor with the GPU card and 16GB of  RAM Memory @3600Mhz.

With those specs it shows a large bottleneck between processor and GPU card: https://www.cpuagent.com/build-compare/amd-ryzen-5-4500u-vs-intel-core-i9-10900k/summary/amd-radeon-...

Screenshot 2022-06-06 102203.pngScreenshot 2022-06-06 102334.png

I imagine a laptop processor is much weaker or less powerful than a desktop processor due to its heat limitations to be used in a laptop and not a desktop.

EDIT: How were you able to use a laptop processor that uses a soldered type motherboard socket on a regular AM4 Socket motherboard?

yes, my bad I use Ryzen 5 4500 (not include u) sir.

0 Likes

Ah, that is different then. Yes I made the same error on another thread where another User mentioned about a Ryzen 5 4500 I thought he meant 4500"U".

Found out that is  a very new processor that just came out in April 2022.

Okay disregard the previous reply. I went back to the same website but they haven't upgraded the website to include the new processor.

There might not be a large bottleneck then with the new processor and GPU card.

Found this tech site reviewing the new R5 4500 and mentions which GPU cards are compatible with that processor: https://technical.city/en/cpu/Ryzen-5-4500

Screenshot 2022-06-06 102334.png

So according to the recommended GPU cards for that processor your RX6600XT is compatible with that processor.

Ho! thanks.

I think I should reinstall the GUP driver, because the AMD graphic cards are very sensitivity with the driver version. 

I'll try to do this stuff. Thanks for your help, it's very helpful for me.