Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Hazard
Journeyman III

Ryzen 5 3400g crashes

Hi!

Before start reading this, forgive me for my english; I'm not native speaker (my native language is spanish), but I will try my best to relate my problem.

I want to share my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3400g 

APU: Radeon Vega 11

Motherboard: Asrock A-320m R4.0 (I will talk about this later)

RAM: OLOy DDR4 RAM (1x8GB) 2400MHz CL17 1.2V 288-Pin UDIMM (It is not compatible with the motherboard list, but I don't think that this is my problem now. Also, I can only use 5.9GB, so I think that it can be the vRAM or something like that [forgive me, I'm a noob with this XD])

SSD: HP S700 250G (2.5)

Windows 10 Home

Everything is new, nothing used or refurbished

My problem is that when I try to play a game at medium grapichs, my pc crashes with BSOD or black screen. Dude, it crashes with ROBLOX at medium grapichs, even at low grapichs and windowed... 

I know, my motherboard is crap, I readed that my model have this problem with this CPU, but the true problem is that I tryied everything to fix it!

I tryied:

Upgrading the BIOS from 3.70 to the lastest

Downgrading the BIOS from 3.70 or lastest to 3.30 

Installing drivers with Driver Booster 8, or downloading them from the AMD page, even downloading the drivers from the ASRock page.

Installing drivers using the Windows 10 tool.

Erasing drivers with DDU in safe mode and installing new drivers.

Testing the RAM using the Windows pre-installed tool (no problem found).

Testing SSD using CMD (no problem found either).

Installing all drivers from the ASRock Page (It gave me three options, so I tryied with all of them).

Erasing with DDU and trying to play without drivers (It works, but at low FPS, so this bring me hope that maybe the APU is not broken).

Results: NOTHING, IT STILL CRASHING WHEN I TRY A ZOOM IN ROBLOX, DUDE...

I usually test with League of Legends at full grapichs and 240FPS limit in tutorial mode. I discovered that when I try to zoom or the APU draws particles like explosions, it probably will with crash with black screen or BSOD.

Actually I can play this games without crashes:

Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Adventure 2 Battle.

Hotline Miami 1 and 2.

I found two solutions, (but I need to try something different before):

- Just buying a true usefull motherboard.

- Buying a GPU.

I need to try everything before these options, to see if I can make this APU work.

I also got a problem with BSOD, because I got different type of these.

bsod.png

I got thread stuck in device driver too.

I need help, please!!! ;-; just give me possible solutions, guys, because I don't know what I will do with this now...

0 Likes
1 Solution

I also read this solution before for another forum user with the same processor. So I think a cheap GPU could fix the problem.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
20 Replies
mstfbsrn980
Grandmaster

Reset the BIOS to default settings. Because the error messages that you share the picture occur when your processor is not working properly. And resetting the BIOS might work.

0 Likes

I tryied this morning: I disconnected the mobo battery and closed the circuit of the Clear CMOS from the mobo with my screwdriver... still crashing :c
After that, I tryied reseting with a UEFI option, same problem, didn't work.

Also, I got a new bsod type after doing it:  UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP 0x0000007f

I forgot to say it, but I tested my processor and RAM before with Prime95k, and I didn't got crashes

Do you think that the processor is faulty? ;____;

0 Likes

No... The drivers are faulty... Would you try a clean Win install and display driver only without other drivers?

0 Likes

How can I do that? I mean, start Windows 10 without drivers

Also, I tried recently to install 2020-20.11.2 driver without Adrenaline, and still crashing

Update: I don't know if I did as you said, but I tryied a clean startup by disabling service by system configuration and disabling start programs from the task manager. Still crashing, but not bsod or black screen, just resets the OS

0 Likes

Excuse me. There was a driver issue in a very similar title and I confused your problem a bit. Your processor is very likely not working properly. Would you try that? Install Ryzen Master and reduce the processor speed a bit. 

0 Likes

Well, I tryied to reduce the speed of my processor with Ryzen Master, as you recommended, but I got a message that says my processor isn't compable to overclocking, wich disconcert me because it said 'unlocked' when I bought it (here is the page where I bought the processor).

IcantOverClockingPLSJUSTKILLME.png

Also I tryied to do it from BIOS, but in OC Tweaker only appears values from RAM

So, what can I do? Is there another way to reduce the speed? Maybe upgrading BIOS?

What's your opinion about my problem? Maybe the processor is faulty?

My problem with this possibility is that I didn't bought in my country, and I don't know if I need to apply the guarantee to AMD or to the store from I bought it (wich it is located in USA). So, I'm in trouble if it is broken D:

0 Likes

BIOS update might fix the problem. Your CPU is crashing, but the motherboard may be causing this problem. If you can try the processor with a different motherboard, you will know that what the problem is.

0 Likes

I updated the BIOS and still crashing, also I still cannot overclock, but I discovered that is from the motherboard, because 320 mobos can't overclock

About try with another motherboard, well, that wll be hard XD. This is my first build, so I don't have another compatible mobo. Also I have a GPU (GT 710) then I think can be usefull to test if crashing with GPU instead APU, but I suppose that isn't enough to prove what is faulty, right?

What motherboard do you recommend?

0 Likes

It could be B550 for you to upgrade your CPU in the future. Or it could be B450.

If you're considering a motherboard replacement to fix this error, that's not too wrong. Because such errors are usually caused by the motherboard. I mixed your subject a little bit in the old message. The errors you receive are hardware errors, ie not driver related.

0 Likes

Well, I tested with GT 710: NO CRASHES :/ so, maybe the problem is from a faulty APU, wich is a very bad new to me. I understand that this maybe isn't a truefull test, because it could be the socket of the mobo or something like that, but at this time I think the processor is giving me the problem.

So, what do you think?

0 Likes

The error messages you got have nothing to do with AMD-IGPU.

0 Likes

Well, I have an important update: I found a CD from the motherboard box, and I installed it's content. Installed a driver from AMD that have something to do with VGA (I use my monitor in VGA) and some other drivers and utility programs. Tested with Roblox at full grapichs, and STILL CRASHING >:(

So, now I don't know what I'm gonna do with this. Maybe the problem is from hardware, maybe the mobo is broken, then I will try to apply guarantee. Now I'm thinking about buy another mobo, or directly import from USA a GPU to compense the lost of my APU. Whatever I choose, thanks for give me your diagnostic! I will post every update about this problem.

So, for now, a temporal or permanent 'solution': use a GPU during I choose if solve this problem and got fully working APU, or just buying another GPU with a similar power.

0 Likes

I also read this solution before for another forum user with the same processor. So I think a cheap GPU could fix the problem.

0 Likes

I had the same problem you did i fix it by updating my Windows 10 it won't run on the older version of Windows not properly anyway

0 Likes

but my Windows its already updated :(((( 

0 Likes

Perumahan surabaya utara merupakan perumahan mewah di surabaya yang dikembangkan oleh pantai mentari / jawa nusa wahana. Selain perumahan di surabaya, mereka juga mengembangkan perumahan mojokerto

0 Likes

Hello friend.

Im on 2021, having the same crashes issues, just like you. Did you solved this problem? Was your mobo or processor?

when I'm playing, the image freezes. The PC stops completely, requiring a "hard reset". When I turn it back on, windows no longer recognizes the video adapter drivers. I've done all bios and system updates, with clean restore, but without success. I believe that despite some minor differences, we are having the same problem. Hope u can help me bro. Thanks!!

0 Likes

Found this YT video, this guy saved my PC,  

https://youtu.be/Z5umLmBryQc

Its working better than ever.

Maybe can help someone.

smircopus
Adept I

Go into Windows settings. Check and see what your power settings are. Mine was set to "Balanced" and even though I have killer hardware it crashed played OLD games, like FarCry 2. I set it to "High Performance" and it hasn't crashed for a week.

0 Likes

I tryied, still crashing with blackscreen :C

0 Likes