I'am a beginner when it comes to overclocking, tried to overclock my Ryzen 5 2400g and experienced some issues.
I tried the following settings:
CPU clock to 3.9GHz at 1.375 volts.
iGPU clock to 1500MHz at 1.165 volts, SoC same voltage.
RAM 1x8gb Team T-force delta overclocked to 3200MHz (rated 3000MHz)
With an MSI b450 gaming pro carbon ac motherboard.
So I tried a furmark gpu stress test for half an hour, success, Also tried cinebench, success.
So it should be stable yes ?
Nope, it crashes while playing GTA V (Black screen, monitor says "no signal"), also same issue while playing Battlefield5.
btw, also tried HeavenBenchmark on directx 11, 9 and openGL, all succeeded.
Also worth to note that I experience high temps at idle, about 50C, and from 60C to 70C while gaming
and 75C while rendering on the Cinebench CPU stress test.
Things I have tried:
- I tried to just leave the gpu at stock settings, worked pretty well for a while but it crashed without a black screen this time, it just froze completely.
- Then I tried to increase the GPU OC to 1600MHz at 1.2 volts. same problem but it crashes as soon as I drive a vehicle.
- Tried different voltages at 1500MHz.
- Set the CPU clock to 3.8GHZ.
- Set the RAM clock to the rated 3000MHz.
- Tried to increase RAM voltage a bit.
- updated BIOS.
- tried different radeon driver versions.
- set the TdrLevel to 0 in the registry settings.
- works perfectly when I leave all settings to default except the RAM set to 3200MHz tho.
Have I done something wrong ?
Can someone please help me fix this problem ?