cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

vilaritz
Adept I

ryzen 3200g and msi b450 tomahawk max 2

I can not make my ryzen 3200g to work with msi b450 tomahawk max 2. Both parts tested with other hardware and work ok. I tried bios update with no success. Always cpu led on. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

0 Likes
6 Replies

Try using only one stick of RAM Memory and see if it boots up. If it does that indicates the RAM is not compatible with the Motherboard or processor.

Make sure your RAM is listed either on MSI Support Motherboard's 3000g series QVL RAM LIST or on the RAM's manufacturer's support site that it is compatible.

Disconnect all hardware to the motherboard except the CPU and PSU and see if the Motherboard CPU Trouble LED goes off and the RAM Trouble LED goes on.

If it does that indicates that BIOS checked the CPU and it passed its test but found no RAM installed. Now install one RAM stick and see if the RAM Trouble LED light goes off and the VGA Trouble light goes on and so forth.

If all of the above fails you could have a DOA MSI Motherboard since you verified that the CPU and RAM works on another motherboard.

0 Likes

when i uninstall the 1 ram, the ram led lits and the cpu is off and the buzzer bips 3 or 4 times. Upon reinstallation of the ram the cpu led lits and the ram is off.  i am thinking that it might be a bios setting. Waiting for a ryzen 3600 to arrive to test some settings and will inform later. Thanks!

no result with the 3600, still not know what to do...

0 Likes

Open a MSI Warranty and see if they believe you Motherboard needs to be RMAed to be checked. Sounds like the Motherboard's DIMM slots is not working correctly.

Since the problem happened with both the 5000g and the 3600 processor.

0 Likes

I have come to the conlussion that the problem was the compatibility of the ram, it warked well with other mobos but with this it was incompatible. Change it and all ok.

It is strange that the RAM and CPU worked fine on other computer's motherboards but not with the one your have.

That is the reason why the Motherboard Support site has a QVL LIST for RAM MEMORY.

0 Likes