cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jhummer
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 3200g Vega 8 | Reboot during videos

I recently build 3 identical computer's for my wife's office.

Windows 10 Pro

Ryzen 3 3200g

8gb Patriot Viper 4 DDR4 3000

ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0

Crucial 500gb SSD

Corsair CX450M 450 watt PSU

At first I was having issues with 2 computers blue screening (hadn't gotten around to fully testing the 3rd one for blue screens). After running memory diag tests (no errors), chkdsk, and sfc /scannow, I was still having issues. I updated all drivers as well as ensured BIOS was latest version. I began checking for faulty RAM by pulling out a stick and testing. I found in the BIOS that the RAM speed was set to auto detect but showed DDR4 2133 I set it manually to DDR4 3000 and couldn't get the computer to boot. I pulled a stick, got it to boot, and set it to DDR4 2933 and was able to get back into windows.

Since then the blue screens have ceased as far as I can tell. I had my wife try to break it by browsing watching videos etc. After about 30 mins she told me it rebooted with no BSOD. I got back in and started messing around and was able to get it to reboot again while playing a video. Upon reboot I double checked that i had the latest Graphics drivers available from AMD and also installed the latest B450 chipset drivers from AMD. I tried again and the computer still rebooted during video playback. I also tried disabling virtualization in the BIOS with no results. 

All of this has lead me to believe that there is either an issue with the graphics driver, CPU,  RAM, or some compatibility issue but i am not sure where to start. I checked the event viewer and there is nothing that stands out in the system logs as to why it rebooted. Just a critical error that it rebooted unexpectedly.

0 Likes
4 Replies
jhummer
Journeyman III

I applied the XMP profile in the BIOS and the computer did not just reboot. But it now blue screens again. Twice in a row with the same error code. Thread Stuck in Device Driver. I have verified i am running the latest audio and video drivers.

0 Likes

Hello did u ever find out what the problem was? i have the same build

3200g

hdv r4.0

16gb patriot ddr 3200 also tried the once from my pc gskill 3200.

be quit 400w psu

the build runs quit fine with my 5700xt but it wont really stay stable with the vega8 only

did all u did + stress testing like a mad lad. i dont know what it is ?

Vega 8 maybe faulty?

i get always the same bsod thread stuck in device driver 0x100000ea

atikmdag.sys+11183f

ntoskrnl.exe+1c2390

would be happy if u could tell me u found a way.

will send back the cpu on monday i started to believe it is a faulty gpu because my 5700xt worked like a charm on that system

0 Likes
bismarck1940
Journeyman III

I had similar issues with your described situation. I solved the problem by replacing a different ram from different brand.
You might find my detailed reply in reddit:
0 Likes
krainser
Adept I

Hi! it seems that you are dealing with a issue like i did, check this! "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" BSOD Error Almost Daily - Page 2 - Windows Crashes and Blue Screen o... 

0 Likes