cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

hwiggy
Journeyman III

Ryzen 3 2200G Black Screen Crash

Hello all, I've been experiencing an annoying crash with my new build.
My current specs are:

Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro
APU: Ryzen 3 2200G w/ Radeon Vega 8
RAM: 8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3200MHz
PSU: EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze
SSD: Western Digital Blue 3D NAND, 1TB

I've done my best to narrow this down to being a problem with the Vega 8 Graphics, as I noticed the system only crashes when performing graphic-intensive actions.
Some such actions I have tried, tested, and proven are:
  Running UserBenchMark - It crashes at the first image it puts on the screen, I don't get enough time to see it
  Trying to run Minecraft with SEUS Shaders - I see the quality for a moment and then crash
In both of these cases, the screen goes black and the Motherboard lights up the 'EZDebug' light for the CPU.
The only way to recover is to flip the PSU off for a little bit, turn it back on, and power the system back up; holding the power button will not help recover from this crash.

Driver version for Vega 8 Graphics (As reported by Device Manager) is 25.20.15025.1002
Processor driver version: 10.0.17134.1

I have updated the BIOS to the latest version. This was previously preventing me from installing the updated display drivers.
I've been allowing the memory to run at 2400MHz, because tweaks in the BIOS just seem to be causing more issue.
I have tried to reseat the RAM as well as the APU (the heatsink is not fun to mount alone due to the arbitrary metal plate on the rear of the MB, yet I prevailed) and there was no improvement.

I have DDU'ed everything I was able to remove, in safe mode, with no improvement.
As it is currently, I am able to do some pretty low-tier stuff.

I feel it is worth mentioning that I am using a 32" Television connected over HDMI through the Motherboard.

If anyone requires any other information or have any suggestions to assist me, please reply; I will be watching very intently. I do not wish to RMA parts so soon (they are brand new, < 1 week)

Thank you!

0 Replies