Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

marioxborn
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2500u - Vega 8 Dedicaced ram limited 256MB

The Dell Inspirion 15 5575 is equipped with a ryzen 5 2500u processor. I have:
Ram: 16Gb
Storage: 512 SSD
Bios: Lastest of December 2019 V1.3.3 (V1.3.3 AMD AGESA RavenPI-FP5-AM4 1.0.0.3)
Gpu: Vega 8 with 256MB Of dedicaced ram.

My problem is the dedicated graphics memory: the 256MB allocated to the Vega8 is insufficient, the software and games do not recognize the graphics card and the compilation of video files considers that there is no compatible GPU. This problem posed with Acer, Lenovo, HP ... brands that quickly released an update to increase the RAM from 256 to 1024MB. But at Dell, NOTHING. After multiple complaints, Dell has put online update V1.3.3 of the bios; the description of which specifies the correction of the video memory; but after installation NOTHING.
I ask in this forum if there is no other option to change the amount of dedicated RAM or if AMD had an alternative for OEM customers like Dell.

So i want to change the Vega 8 dedicaced RAM on laptop or edit bios to access Advanced Settings Menu.

2 Replies
mpengelly
Journeyman III

I too want a solution for this as Adobe Creative Suite now requires a minimum of 512 GB of VRAM 

0 Likes
Marcosmpd
Journeyman III

I have the same problem, I installed the latest version of the Bios in the hope that they would finally solve the problem and my surprise is that they did nothing to solve it, I am disappointed! Any other solution?

0 Likes