cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

noyu
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2400G with RX580

So first off, I do know that the Ryzen APUs DO NOT support dual graphics.

But from what I understand, dual graphics is a form of crossfire where both iGPU and dGPU work together and help each other to get a little bit better performance.

HOWEVER, I'm asking if there's some way I can use both iGPU and dGPU simultaneously but not together.

Case in point, mining with the RX580 while gaming on the 2400G iGPU.

Is there some way I can do this? If yes, what's the correct way to do this installation.

My problem so far is the graphics driver for both GPUs can't seem to coexist?

BTW here's the PCPP link of my rig.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
1 Reply
malgis
Journeyman III

To mine, you need the blockchain driver. And the blockchain driver won't support the much newer 2400G (basic MS driver will be used for iGPU). Now if you install the proper 2400G driver, it will also be used your dGPU, which means poor blockchain performance. And if you will try to install the blockchain driver AFTER the 2400G driver, you'll get a violent crash, bluescreen and Pennywise the Clown in your closet.

The only option I see here is to hope for AMD to update the blockchain driver or include the blockchain computation mode in regular drivers, which they aren't doing.

So, well, we're kinda hooped. By my thoughts and prayers are with you, young Padawan.

0 Likes