Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

berni2018
Journeyman III

Ryzen 2400g 3D Bluray Plaback

Hello,

since 3 Days I try to look a 3D Bluray with PowerDVD on my PC. APU is Ryzen 2400G.

It seems to me that the APU only send a 2D Viedo to the TV.

What make I wrong?

0 Likes
15 Replies

Do you have the latest PowerDVD Patches installed from Cyberlink Support: PowerDVD Updates | CyberLink

The patches make Cyberlink PowerDVD compatible with the latest Windows versions and Blu-ray technologies.

What Windows version do you have installed?

Here is the latest APU Ryzen Driver from AMD Download site : Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.9.3 Release Notes | AMD

Here is how to set up your 3D Blu-Ray to your Television using a PC from Cyberlink Support: 3D Zone | CyberLink

Download Cyberlink's HD Blu-ray Advisor diagnostic program (Free) and run it. It will tell you if your Computer is able to run 3d Blu-ray video using Cyberlink PowerDVD. CyberLink Blu-ray Disc Support

0 Likes

I have the latest update of PowerDVD and the latest Ryzen Driver Installed.

The 3D Advisor tool shows at CPU Ryzen 2400g and says that Ryzen cpu is ok for 3D, but at graphics it shows Vega 11 (APU) and says its not support 3D.

Everything else is ok for 3D.

The Cyberlink site don´t show How to setup a 3D Bluray to PC, it show only old Hardware from 2010.

The Ryzen should have VCN (UVD) so it should be possible to use MVC? Is it a Driver Problem?

THE OS is Windows 10 64bit

0 Likes

What it seems to be saying that the CPU part of the APU will work for 3D but the Graphics part  won't. In another words you don't have a GPU (Integrated) that supports 3D.

I don't believe it is a Windows issue. I can't answer your question as to why it shows the Vega 11 not compatible with 3D viewing. I suggest you open an online AMD EMAIL SUPPORT Ticket and ask them it the graphics part of the APU  (Vega 11) is compatible with 3D viewing from here :  Email Form  .

Give them the requirements needed to see 3D from Cyberlink Support and the results from BD Advisor and see what they write back.

I currently am using a Ryzen 3 2200g with powerdvd 17 to play 3D blu ray discs and full MVC rips using only the onboard graphics on my LG passive 3D tv with no problems. TV recognize 3D content and switches to 3D.

0 Likes

Didnt think it would work, but i got a good deal on the processor. So I tried it.

0 Likes

I downloaded the Cyberlink BD Blu-Ray Advisor and ran it on my computer. It seems to be accurate for this latest edition.

For normal Blu-Ray it passed and says I can play Blu-ray videos

For 3D Blu-ray everything passed except It says I don't have a 3D Monitor or Television which is true.

For UHD Blu-ray it failed in both GPU and Monitor plus it says I don't have a UHD Blu-ray player on my computer. Which is also true.

By the way, I have installed the latest Cyberlink PowerDVD 2017 with all patches.

0 Likes

Which CPU/APU have you installed?

Which OS?

0 Likes

I have a AMD FX-8350 (8 cores) with Windows 10 version 1803 with a GTX 1070 GPU card with two Blu-ray burners (non-UHD).

0 Likes
damn
Journeyman III

Here I am for the same reason.

When I'm trying play a BD3D, PowerDVD says that I do not have an appropriate 3D monitor for this (which is not true)

My setup:

APU 2200G

Windows 10 v1809

Latest Adrenalin Software

Latest PoweDVD v18

Connection type - HDMI

Benq W1070 projector

I would like to understand who is to blame? The problem is that the graphic part of the APU/drivers does not support the output of video 3D Blue Ray anymore.

Or is this problem of Windows with their next “break everything that works” update?

If the first, then what is the position of AMD? No 3D video support because 3D is no longer fashionable. Or should we expect support in the future drivers?

0 Likes
damn
Journeyman III

The bad news. Problem in the Raven Ridge

AMD Technical Support Response

"I checked with driver engineering and they confirmed that Raven Ridge is not compatible with Blurray 3D and so that is why you are not able to get this configuration working. There are no plans to enable support at this time.""

Why removed? Who has it prevented?

And not in one technical documentation there is no information about it, not in one review they did not tell us about it. Users did not even know what could be such a trick. People bought the rest of 3D equipment, software for viewing, and finally 3D content itself ...

If I knew this in advance, I probably would not have become a user of this product. AMD upsets me

0 Likes

I couldn't get it to work, either- but, see below.
I do have a 3D monitor. Acer HN274H.

System is a ROG Crosshair V Extreme

Ryzen 7 2700x

Radeon Strix RX480

Now the "but" part.

What did work was Cyberlink Power DVD 18 in full screen.

What still doesn't work but did before Windows 10 is a ROG laptop with built in 3d, and I've tried pretty much everything.

I submitted a help request.

0 Likes
te36
Adept I

If AMD does not plan to support 3D on their integrated graphic cards, they should document this.

IMHO it is a bug if windows settings thinks that the display is 3D capable and says that the display  modes are 3D compatible and that you can enable 3D on the display in window setting. Clearly this is not even cleanly "unsupported", this is just AMDs way of creating a lot of confusion in customers interested in 3D because AMD just does not care abouut 33D (anymore). I can't believe this behavior is compliant with Windows certified display driver requirements. Either the driver claims 3D support and works, or windows should not see and offer any 3D on the display.

0 Likes
sleasyridr
Journeyman III

Hoping someone can understand this and help me out. I am considering buying and AMD video card specifically for playing 3D bluray frame packed movies. I am running windows 10 and my a/v receiver and TV supports 3D. I have been using an Nvida gtx1060 but they removed the 3D option from the newer drivers so I am stuck on keeping old drivers to watch 3D now.(but this does work and I am able to watch my 3D movies). It gets complicated on my system because I am playing everything from digital ISO files and not bluray media disks. With my current TV I must force my nvidia card into 3D mode in the nvidia control panel and then my tv recognizes the 3D frame packing format even without any players or movies running.  This is the only way I can get it to work with my current setup. So without the option or turning on 3D in the Nvidia control panel I could not use that card.

So my question is if I buy an AMD card is there a setting similar to the Nvidia card where you can force the 3D frame packing mode in the settings before using a player or starting a movie? 

Thanks

0 Likes

I think NVidia really only removed any 3D display feature for gaming or support for 3D monitors and NVidias 3D glasses. This removal i think does not affect NVidia graphic cards support for the HDMI Full-HD 3D video mode, that one should still exist. I think this is also what you see.

Before NVidia removed this feature, i would have always recommended an NVidia graphics card over an AMD graphics card, but with this now gone, it does IMHO actually turn out that AMD works better for me with HDMI Full-HD 3D than NVidia. But i would be cautious about making any recommendations, because both AMD and NVidia are not documenting any support for HDMI Full-HD 3D anymore, so even this working functionality could be gone any day i fear.

AMD does work better for Full-HD 3D on my Ryzen 2400G (thats the one i have) because the applications can simply enable Full HD 3D mode without any of the 3D setup issues you correctly report from NVidia. On NVidia for example, i can not set up the display so that Kodi can play 2D movies in 1080p24 2D or 3D. Instead, it will always only be able to use the 3D mode. The problem is that my display recognizes the 3D mode and then changes the contrast/brightness so that the picture looks ideal with glasses on. But of course if its a 2D movie, then you don't want te glasses, and then contrast/brightness are wrong. So switching between waching 3D and non-3D material, you always have to go back to the NVidia configuration panel. At least this is is when i last checked.

Again,  would recommend an AMD card now against this issue, but try out if you do get 3D FullHD HDMI to work with the AMD card you buy, there is no documentation whatsoever claiming whether  HDMIFullHD 3D 3D does work or not on AMD. Just buy the card from a seller where you can return it.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info but I still am not clear how this will work with my configuration.

In Ndivia driver when I set the 3D stereo on my tv went into 3D frame packing mode immediately without running any players or movies.

If you are saying it is "AMD does work better for Full-HD 3D on my Ryzen 2400G (thats the one i have) because the applications can simply enable Full HD 3D mode without any of the 3D setup issues you correctly report from NVidia. "

then as soon as I turn my system on would it trigger my tv in 3D frame packing mode automatically everytime I boot?

My LG OLDED 3D TV does not have the option of manually setting it to frame packing like my last model did (only SBS or OU) so I have to send that signal from the computer. That is the only way to get it to work now with my Nvidia.

1. so do you watch digital 3D ISO files on your system and does the frame packing trigger automatically or do you have to set the mode on your TV too?

2. Does your player (I use both Powerdvd and dvdfab player 6) recognize the 3D frame packing and then trigger your 3D tv mode?

sorry so man details but I hope you can help.

Thanks

0 Likes