cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

BrotherhoodBR
Journeyman III

RX6900XT Does not support recording 1080p60 or higher in Relive (Recording and Transmission)

MY DESKTOP

INTEL i9 12900K

ROG STRIX Z690-E GAMING WIFI

32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 CORSAIR VENGEANCE

RX6900XT GIGABYTE OC

SSD NVME WD BLACK SN850 1TB GEN4

SSD NVME WD BLACK SN750 1TB GEN3

When I change the Relive - Recording and Transmission (AMD Adrenalin) default settings in the Recording and Transmission part, a message appears above saying that my computer may not be compatible. For example when I put the recording resolution 1080p at 60 frames 30MB bits Video
256KB bits Audio after a while recording or even using instant playback my AMD driver freezes and reverts back to factory settings. I have already removed the driver and installed it again and the problem still occurs. It won't allow me to record 1080p 60 and up without to present the issue.

Driver Version 22.3.1

0 Likes
1 Reply

For the 4K stuff, what FPS are you getting when rendering with your particular cards? Pretty much anything I'm rendering is doing 25 fps give or take, so about 1.2 minutes per minute of video w/ the "default" VCE preset in Vegas. This really ain't too bad in my opinion, in fact I'm shocked. But how much better would it be on say, an RX 5000 or RX 6000 series card? Hell, how would it be even on Vega 56/64 or even a Radeon VII? I assume the hardware features built in would be more advanced in those cards and give much better performance, but that's only an assumption and I've not found a ton of real world info. Will 60fps rendering (or even faster?) at 4K be possible with any of these cards? I'm surprised the RX 480 is approaching 30FPS at 4K, so it doesn't seem THAT crazy, but maybe I'm being too optimistic. Then again, I guess the RX 480 is... Good lord, almost 5 years old!? So let's say that if we average the difference in performance increase between RX 5500 XT and 5600 XT compared to the RX 480 based on performance per dollar

0 Likes