Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

AlucardTV
Adept I

RX6900 XT Screen Issue Without Driver & Random Crashes

Hello,

I just got my new RX6900 XT today, first time I connect it this happens. Now this resolved after installing my drivers, though this still continues whenever I want to go into bios which is pretty annoying. Other than that it seems to run fine though always seems to crash my pc when running ARK no matter what settings (My power supply is a plat from 2016, not sure if its still good enough but using monitors I cant see my pc drawing over ~700W) I force reinstalled the Radeon drivers, deleting the old ones in the process but that didn't make any difference to either of these issues. 

My Specs are the following,

I7 7700k 

32GB 3200MHZ RAM

850W Corsair PSU

Connected to a WQHD 144HZ monitor via DP (A well as a 1080x1920 60hz monitor also connected via DP)

0 Likes
1 Solution

Your Vid. is locked  at the moment, can't view it.

Did you use DDU to ensure all NV drivers/software have been removed.

Do you have 2 separate 8 pin cables to the card (not one and pigtail).

Is this an AMD Ref. card or AIB model.

And what oc/fan control/monitoring apps are installed.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlucardTV
Adept I

Just tried to play rust, the benchmark worked fine but as soon as I click on any server (to join) my pc instanly crashes. I had 2x 1080s in my system just a couple of days ago with them oc they drew about 280w, nothing other than gpu changed in my setup so what is the problem?

0 Likes

Do you use any cable mod?

0 Likes

Using Corsairs braided cables, already fixed power delivery though thanks for your response!

Your Vid. is locked  at the moment, can't view it.

Did you use DDU to ensure all NV drivers/software have been removed.

Do you have 2 separate 8 pin cables to the card (not one and pigtail).

Is this an AMD Ref. card or AIB model.

And what oc/fan control/monitoring apps are installed.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

That fixed the crashing thanks a lot!

I still get that screen tear/top half of the display not being shown whenever I'm in bios. I noticed its only with my WQHD monitor, it'll display fine on my full HD monitor. 

0 Likes