cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

TM1172
Journeyman III

RX6800 Performance Issues With 5600x

I have an ASRock Phantom Gaming D RX6800 OC on an Aorus X570 Elite Wifi with a Ryzen 5 5600x.  I’m running Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2, and I have SAM enabled in my bios.

My performance is equal to or worse than when I was running a 2080 Super.  Also, the Radeon software stopped working, and Afterburner can’t control the power limit, memory clock, or core clock.  My 3DMark scores are 1500 points lower than the average score for my setup.  This is my first Radeon card - can someone point me in the right direction to unlock some of the performance I know the card is capable of?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Update your driver, and Asrock released a vbios update for your card.

Check the asrock forum also, somewhere to start.

And do testing with sam disabled first to get perf. baseline.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Update your driver, and Asrock released a vbios update for your card.

Check the asrock forum also, somewhere to start.

And do testing with sam disabled first to get perf. baseline.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Ok, showing my inexperience here, I’m unclear on the driver part.  I went to the AMD drivers & support page, downloaded the most recent Radeon Adrenalin compatible with Windows 10, and when it installed it recommended Adrenalin 2020 20.11.2, although I see there’s 21.2.1 available now as an optional update - download/install that one? But even after that, I’m having issues with the Radeon software, I click it but it doesn’t open.  It worked for about 5 minutes and then wouldn’t open anymore.  It also killed NZXT CAM, and triggered my antivirus software.

0 Likes

I used DDU to uninstall my previous drivers and installed the most recent Radeon drivers.  I’m trying to flash the updated bios but ATIFlash gives me the error “cannot find discrete ATI graphics card.” And Radeon software is still not opening when I click on it.  Any ideas?

0 Likes

Updated to the most recent driver, and ASRock’s updated bios comes with its own cmd prompt installer which runs through Windows.  Performance is now on par with averages before oc’ing.  Thanks!

0 Likes