Adept I

Rx6800 Doesn't POST

Rundown of Specs:

-RX6800

-3700X

-Gigabyte B550I Aorus AX mini ITX

-Silverstone SX-G 700W

-32GB RAM Corsair Vengeance

So I got my GPU on launch day and have been eager to install it into my new parts that were coming in. After I finished the build I wasn't able to get through POST at all. Also no video output. With beep code 1 long 3 short beeps on my mobo it tells me it can't find a GPU. The GPU itself is spinning up no problem with the rest of the build but will not give any video output. I believe that the actual PCIE connector on the GPU itself is messed up. I already sent a warranty claim but it is taking AGES for them to respond with any email so that kind of sucks.

I plugged in one of my cheaper end GPUs I have for regular desktop builds (GTX 710) and the system POSTS no problem at all. I got everything I needed to work.  By the way I have rebuilt the system 3 times to make sure there isn't a power issue (ex:not plugged in all the way )and there isn't.

I can't seem to find the issue and I have been looking all over the internet looking for answers. I think I might be the one unlucky GPU.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Hernfernrj
Adept I

Don’t worry your not alone, same as you got mine on third release day on their site. I can play games and monitors reads my gpu BUT the performance so far is rock bottom. I had a 2070 super and my frames are way higher and way more consistent with it. I have tried so many things to try and fix it but during gameplay usage just drops to 0% all fo a sudden multiple multiple multiple times. I have already started RMA process. Two unlucky buyers 

0 Likes

It sucks soo much man. How long have you been waiting for a response its kinda ridiculous imo. I mean at least you have display output. maybe some driver bugs thats all but i can't even POST. its kinda crazy knowing We were soo lucky but we got nothing of it. have you tried DDU? Ive been waiting since thursday for my response after I let him know that I am not some casual gamer that got a RX6800 for my 10th Birthday or something lol. Just tryna get on with the return already since im on a tight schedule and need to move soon... sucks. Let me know how your process goes I would be thankful :)

0 Likes
Tirot12
Adept I

Here with other problems, the rx 6800 xt with 3 days star to make a coil whine extreme noise, even at low fps or high fps (only in games), but in furkmark test at 100% its 0 of coil, also make random Black screen, i tried in another pc and New drivers too (20.11.3) and nothing so I request RMA to AMD on monday to get replace them, now i still waiting that accept or not my RMA

I apologized for my english, i'm spanish. 

0 Likes