cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jimmyjelopi
Journeyman III

RX6700XT and Half Life Alyx

Hey all, new to the forums. I have recently purchased a custom build with an RX6700XT and a Ryzen 7 3700X. I have been using this for VR gaming for multiple different games and thought I would buy Half Life Alyx to check it out. I had looked at the minimum specs and assumed I had enough power to run the game no worries at all. This has not been the case and after checking the Radeon software, I've noticed that Half Life Alyx has a big red cross next to the compatibility of both the graphics card and the processor.

I'm just wondering if anyone has attempted to do the same, I'm using an Oculus Quest 2 and have tried using Airlink and Virtual Desktop, both of which work with other PC VR games. Any help on this topic is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
2 Replies
jimmyjelopi
Journeyman III

Bump

0 Likes
whiteguy
Journeyman III

This is a bit late but I ran half life alyx since release with a 2700x and both a msi 5700xt meck oc, and now on a xfx 6700xt swift 309 and it runs great. I have had issues with stutter and what seemed like frame drops and hang ups but all of it was sorted out to be wifi issues.

Having your desktop directly connected to the router and then running virtual desktop over wifi 5 or 6 works great. Make sure you do not have too much running on the wifi channel at the same time. and the experience should be awesome. 

Hope this helps even though I am so late to respond

0 Likes