cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

CharlyM
Adept I

Re: RX6000 RDNA2 issues with unstable FPS in many games

Same thing playing multiplayer on Gears 5 randomly and most cases when I tried to aim at an enemy or it's near the FPS drops from 100+ to 40-50 FPS and the game became a nightmare just to try to take them down. Sometimes just when I am running trhough the scenario.

I have a Ryzen 3700x and a sapphire RX 6700 XT Nitro+ and 32 GB of ram @3000 Mhz with the drivers 21.4.1.

I  did some tests with the resizable bar enable and disabled and same thing happens. So far I believe this is a driver issue as always happen with AMD. Several months ago I had a RX 5500 XT and I never had such issues playing. 

The same issue happens even playing Halo Master Chief Collections. 

I am attaching two pictures the first one is when the issue happens, the second one, when the game runs smoothly.Gears5Issue_1.pngGears5Issue_2.png

0 Likes
diegopl2
Adept I

Same problem for my RX 6900 reference card. Is there any fix?

0 Likes
Pedrito0906
Adept III

On Apex y get around 130 fps on the lowest setting, its a joke, my 2070 super was getting better fps. AMD hasn't fix this cause there are no Nvidia cards to buy, so we are on the mercy of them, we are pretty much **bleep**ed!

0 Likes
Kalusha9
Journeyman III

You may also add iRacing to the List.

It all seems to come down to an Overhead Issue in DX9/10/11 games.

Draw calls are passed to a single CPU thread, therefore creating a CPU bottleneck (even on high-end CPUs) and resulting in the GPU usage jumping around. nVidia has a built in driver feature, which passes the draw calls on to multiple CPU threads and therefore causing better CPU utilization and better/smoother framerates.

A workaround at least for some games seems to be using DX to Vulkan wrapper like DXVK.

Wonder how low it will take AMD to fix this issue, because it mostly relates to RDNA2 cards.

0 Likes
Kalusha9
Journeyman III

double post

0 Likes
Levidi
Adept I

Destiny 2 also…

0 Likes
CharlyM
Adept I

Even Diablo 3 has the same stuttering probelm, this is ridiculous.

0 Likes
diegopl2
Adept I

Did you get to solve the problem?

0 Likes
Marsiellago
Journeyman III

Same problem with powercolor 6900 xt in days gone,resident evil village,warzone etc

0 Likes