cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

siwat2545
Journeyman III

RX590 vs WX5100

I am deciding to buy an AMD(NVIDIA disabled passthrough support since Maxwel) card as my old NVIDIA Quadro 4000 is too slow for my work now and I see these two card is in my price range

so, should I get the Radeon Pro WX5100(470 USD) or the RX590(312 USD)
My Current system is in a server which have 2 Intel Xeon E5-2695v4 processor, shared betweeen 3 people, we each have 12 core and 32GB of memory, it run vmWare vSphere, GPU passthrough so we can access our workstation from our mobile devices
The program that I run
Autodesk AutoCAD
Autodesk Inventor (with Ray Tracing View, Stress Analysis, CAM Add-on Enable)

Autodesk 3ds MAX (to Render model file from autocad and inventor)

I also do some gaming once a month or so, and the Q4000 does not lag at all so the new faster gpu should do just fine

Currently, Rendering a single frame takes 1hr and it

0 Likes
1 Solution

For CAD Application: WX5100

View solution in original post

2 Replies
siwat2545
Journeyman III

Ok Acidently Pressed enter

I am deciding to buy an AMD(NVIDIA disabled passthrough support since Maxwel) card as my old NVIDIA Quadro 4000 is too slow for my work now and I see these two card is in my price range

so, should I get the Radeon Pro WX5100(470 USD) or the RX590(312 USD)
My Current system is in a server which have 2 Intel Xeon E5-2695v4 processor, shared betweeen 3 people, we each have 12 core and 32GB of memory, it run vmWare vSphere, GPU passthrough so we can access our workstation from our mobile devices
The program that I run
Autodesk AutoCAD
Autodesk Inventor (with Ray Tracing View, Stress Analysis, CAM Add-on Enable)

Autodesk 3ds MAX (to Render model file from autocad and inventor)

I also do some gaming once a month or so, and the Q4000 does not lag at all so the new faster gpu should do just fine

Currently, Rendering a single frame takes 1hr and it is so annoying when you render your footage and you forgot to hide the work pane

TLDR: RX590 vs WX5100 for CAD Application

0 Likes

For CAD Application: WX5100