Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jabm97
Journeyman III

RX590 crashes with new monitor

Hi

I have beeng having issues with my graphic card since I bought a couple days ago a new monitor (Samsung 32" UJ590 UHD Monitor) 

I'm running a Ryzen 2600, RX590 and 16 GBs of RAM. I was playing FF7 Remake when suddenly the PC started to sound a lot and the screen turned black: I could hear sound after that but the screen didn't respond, so I had to reset the PC physically. I've been playing Deathloop after that and found the same issues happening. They always have the same pattern: the actual game is playing fine, but randomly, when opening menus, in game notes or anything that switches from the 3D environment to something showing text or a menu it happens. 

I've been running this setup with my older monitor for like 3 years and everything has been fine, so I'm not sure what's really going on. I have done a clean reinstall of the drivers and test with a couple different HDMIs. The games are running in 1920x1080p and with the same graphic configuration as in my older monitor too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0 Likes
5 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

ctrl+shift+o to follow temperatures

disable radeon enhanced sync

you now use a different cable?

0 Likes

Yes, I have tried with a couple different cables

Radeon enhanced sync seems to be disabled already

I started playing Elden Ring after I posted and the same thing happened, this time it was in the middle of a combat so it isn't only when switching to menus like in Deathloop. 

I will give it a test again with the temperatures menus opened to see how hot it is getting

0 Likes

Also are you running actual 1080p on that 4K monitor, 1080p scaled to 4K or 4K but with FSR or similar?

0 Likes

I'm running 1080p on complete screen, so I'm guessing it is 1080p scaled to 4k

0 Likes

Shouldn't stress the GPU anymore then

0 Likes