Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

alexf036
Newcomer

rx580 screen freeze

Hello everybody,

in the last two weeks I have an issue with my RX580. Sometimes the screen freezes, sound is also in a loop, and after a few seconds, the screen turns black, because of no video input signal. It is not a temperature problem, I tested it, and metest syas my ram is also ok. The strange part is, that the screen freezes appear randomly. Sometimes I can game for hours and nothing happens, sometimes the screen freezes a few seconds after startup. I also renewed the atikmpag.sys and the atikmdag.sys, but it didnt solve the problem. I also reinstalled the GPU drivers, also didnt solve the problem. Can anybody help, me and Google are out of ideas.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Ninafitzgerlad
Journeyman III

Hey, did you fix the problem, i have same exact thing since my last auto.update, since then i have rolled back tonprevious driver ,uninstalled dirvers and installed.older once but  nothing helsp,....thank you

@alexf036 wrote:

Hello everybody,

in the last two weeks I have an issue with my RX580. Sometimes the screen freezes, sound is also in a loop, and after a few seconds, the screen turns black, because of no video input signal. It is not a temperature problem, I tested it, and metest syas my ram is also ok. The strange part is, that the screen freezes appear randomly. Sometimes I can game for hours and nothing happens, sometimes the screen freezes a few seconds after startup. I also renewed the atikmpag.sys and the atikmdag.sys, but it didnt solve the problem. I also reinstalled the GPU drivers, also didnt solve the problem. Can anybody help, me and Google are out of ideas.

0 Likes

Используете AIDA64 ?

0 Likes
tubaplayer
Journeyman III

try this, disable virtualization from BIOS
use AMD Cleanup Utility to clean graphics drivers and then install new ones

hope this helps, best regards!

0 Likes

P.S. UPDATE! my card had same exact symptoms, i disabled virtualization from BIOS and it worked for about week but did again for me. i found out tat my graphics card had wrong BIOS, it was used to mining, now i install rightful BIOS and third day so far so god, i will update if something changes

0 Likes

UPDATE! it stuck again, at this point i do not have nothing to be fateful, if somebody have new idea please bring forward...

0 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, I found a solution to this problem because I had the same. Firstly, update the main bios, secondly. In the BIOS settings, go to the DDR 4 chip RAM settings. Set the XPM profile to the memory clock speed and one higher. So if we have 3000mhz clock speed, set it to 3200mhz. we save and play without problems;)

0 Likes
tubaplayer
Journeyman III

it  was motherboard (MSI) BIOS update that solved the all problems, no flickering, no video loss.
i have

MSI B450 Tomahawk with
R5 1600AF and 2x4GB 3200MHz ram
safire nitro+ RX580 8GB
NVMe SSD 500gb, WD 500gb HDD, and 128GB samsung sata SSD

i tried everything, install, reinstall OS and drivers, in windows 10 and Manjaro Linux and started to think that my hardware had problem. in 2020-12-22  MSI release BIOS update for B450 Tomahawk

7C02v1E had problems and 7C02v1H1  solved tem all

0 Likes